::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

My MIL had severe back and leg problems; she had a handicap tag and needed it. But when she first got out of the car you wouldn't have been able to tell right away. She would be in awful pain after going to the grocery store; the permit parking was a necessity for her. People would accost her because their eyes told them she didn't qualify for the permit. Fortunately her doctor knew better. Later in life she used a walker and the harassment pretty much stopped - but before that people's visual expertise would really get her down.

Exactly this.

Plus I'm probably only good for a punch or two before I can't breathe, my heart rate gets too high, and I get zapped by my defibrillator. :)

Is it just me, or is the handicapped driver tag thing kind of out of control? Seems like 4 out of 5 times I see the people walking to and from their car with no apparent medical issue.

Sometimes it's for a person that is not with them on this trip. If that's the case then they shouldn't be using it on that trip. But then sometimes people have good days and then some not so good. We had one for maybe six weeks. It ran out. Now if Shirley is having a bad day I'll drop her off at the door and then go park the car. Many times it's bad enough that she is not with me.

I saw a shirt that caught my eye at Reyn Spooner.

I might have to go back to the mall today.

I need new swim trunks anyhow and Macy's seems to be the only place that carries the old school style with the netting (ball bag) that I prefer. I can't get used to board shorts for swimming and it seems like that's all the surf shops carry. Yesterday when we were leaving the room for the pool I had my hands full and my shorts fell down. James was still laughing about it two hours later.

Watching morning news while catching up.

They are trying to catch a fugitive that killed a cop a few days ago.

It's an island. How hard can it be to catch one guy? Especially with a reward on his capture. You'd think someone would give him up to collect the 30K

I hope they catch him soon.

Smart kid. Mexican food is yummy, especially in that area.

We (I think Gary is in this we as well) were having a discussion about lack of good Mexican in Hawaii and why, it is a mystery...

I think I got my finger on the pulse of this issue last night at the market.

The checker was entering produce of the customer ahead of me in line. He holds up a produce bag, and asks the customer, "What kind of peppers are these?"
The customer thinks, draws a blank, reaches into his pocket, pulls out his lists, scans it, and replies "jalapenos"
He pronounced the J like Japan.

So, if people purchasing peppers and the guy working in the store don't even know what jalapenos are, it becomes much more clear why these people cannot cook Mexican food.

I need new swim trunks anyhow and Macy's seems to be the only place that carries the old school style with the netting (ball bag) that I prefer. I can't get used to board shorts for swimming and it seems like that's all the surf shops carry. Yesterday when we were leaving the room for the pool I had my hands full and my shorts fell down. James was still laughing about it two hours later.

The shorts thing. A belly but a small a$$. Suck in the gut and the pants are now down by your knees.

Our friends fly in today. James is so excited because he loves their three boys. He wants to make a sign and greet them at the airport.

This has easily been the best trip for him. This past week he got to play with his friend Noah every day after Noah got done with school. His parents sent him here to go to a Hawaiian culture summer program and he's been staying with his grandparents. Today another family we play basketball with is flying in to hang out with us for a week.

Watching morning news while catching up.

They are trying to catch a fugitive that killed a cop a few days ago.

It's an island. How hard can it be to catch one guy? Especially with a reward on his capture. You'd think someone would give him up to collect the 30K

I hope they catch him soon.

Big Island is big. And rural. They will get him but not surprised, plenty places to hide there.

The shorts thing. A belly but a small a$$. Suck in the gut and the pants are now down by your knees.

They will actually fall down anytime they're dry. When they get wet they stay on.

I really need new swim trunks.

I lost a lot of weight but I'm really only down about ten pounds from my last trip here. In fact, I might have gained that much back since being here because I got a little off track in my eating.

It's really hard to eat out and avoid salt and carbs here, but I think I'm going to buy some balsamic vinaigrette and carry it with me. I think salads are going to be one of the only meals I can have here without overloading on salt and feeling terrible. There's a McDonalds across the street. I can buy their salad, use my dressing and I should be okay. It's hard when we go to Zippy's or Rainbow or any other plate lunch place. I usually ask for an unseasoned loco moco with brown rice and gravy on the side. By the time I figure out Hawaiian restaurants I'll probably be heading home. The high end restaurants I can usually get something good but the fast food/casual restaurant or diner is pretty limited.

Go to Reyn Spooner store on Merchant St at Bishop downtown, not the mall. Save LOTS of $.

Big Island is big. And rural. They will get him but not surprised, plenty places to hide there.

Oh, I thought that was here in Oahu.

I guess I didn't pay attention too well. There are lots of places to hide here too but I would think someone would give him up.

Also Ross and TJ Maxx have Reyn Spooner and Kahala trunks for reasonable prices.

Go to Reyn Spooner store on Merchant St at Bishop downtown, not the mall. Save LOTS of $.

Ooooh, thanks for the tip. I think that shirt was $105.00 and that's why I didn't grab it. Hard to pay that much when you can go to Walmart and get decent aloha shirts for under $20.00

The news is reporting that they arrested two of Waiki's friend (the cop killer). There was also a high speed chase and a shoot out but Waiki got away again.

Top Bottom