::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I should make potatoes tonight.

I made potatoes au gratin last week using four large potatoes and James polished off almost the whole thing by himself.

He has Mika's metabolism thankfully.

Mika should weigh 250 lbs with the amount she can put away. Just not fair. I see a commercial for McDonalds and I gain 5lbs.

That was Sayler's Old Country Kitchen. That was another family regular. It's funny - all our family favorite restaurants were on the other side of town. When the whole family went out to dinner it meant piling into two cars and caravaning across town.

Country Kitchen is still there in the original location (not the original building - that burned down when I was a kid but they rebuilt in the same location). They opened a second one on my side of town - it was probably there for 10 years before they closed it. Not sure why - it was always really busy.

The income level for the zip code was too high. That 97034 and 97035 area sorta skews things.

Like Trader Joe's (and some other companies) not moving into an area unless the per capita house hold income is above a certain level. Funny how they are near that 97034 and 97035 area...

On the health front, my mail assured me that I don't have breast cancer. So that's good. Still no explanation for the frequent stabbing chest pain. (Yes, I've had a week long cardiac monitor with several noted events.) Maybe it's just a thing I get to live with.

You have smart mail. Our mail just sorta sits on the counter and does nothing.

Except for you guys, I haven't really told anyone about my heart stuff.

I find this funny. I just wish you had also said, "Between you, me, and the fence post..."

Good morning Kids. Watched my favorite childhood Christmas movie last night, Holiday Inn. It’s been a few years. I completely forgot about the blackface number. Geez, that was weird.

That's a good movie except for that blackface routine. It's always been a hard part to watch.

The movie story line tries to justify why they do the routine in blackface, but even in 1942 doing it was out of step with society.

White Christmas brings back the music from that piece (Abraham) as a fast paced dance scene with Vera Ellen. No lyrics and no racial connection.

Try massaging a smoker. Doesn’t happen often but it’s vile when it happens. As you work the smell gets worse as it leaches out of their pores and mixes with the oil or lotion you are using. It’s hard to get the smell off you hands and forearms. And the entire treatment room must be aired out and sprayed. It’s terrible. I refuse to take on a client regularly that smokes but sometimes you get a walk in you are unaware is a smoker until they’re on the table. Fortunately most smokers are not especially heath minded so massages are not something they seek out often.

Just ewwww

Top Bottom