::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I only work 2 days a week at that job and only 5 hours a day. I shouldn’t be tired of it yet.

At work.
Super busy.
More just keeps coming.
I need a day off

Wait, just had one.

Ok I need a week off.

I go on 3 1/2 weeks of vacation starting after work on Friday.

I'm not sure it will be enough.

Don, your retirement sounds exhausting. I swear you’re always building or fixing something when you’re not working. I hope you get to spend some time enjoying your vacation.

There's more. I had to replace the new ceiling fan again, as the first unit was defective. Then, I ended up having to replace the toilet....

I have often thought about recycling bath, sink etc. water (gray water) for watering outside the house. There is no water shortage by me, or probably you, but it seems more efficient to get as much out of your resources as is possible.

Just a thought.

The problem would be the soaps and shampoos in the waste water....

I need a fishing mentor around here. I love the idea of fishing, I've had fun doing it. But I really don't know much and would love to go with someone who knows what they're doing and can show me the ropes.

Lesson #1 - Don't use ropes. They're much too heavy....

And...all caught up! We did our first day at family reunion today. It was good to see everyone again!

Tomorrow's activities include a morning dolphin watch boat ride, and an afternoon at an adventure park. Zip lines!!

I was always doing something for money from 4th grade on: paper route, shelving library books, warehouse work, even in college and grad school I had a side hustle. 10 years of non-church work and 35 years of ordination. Didn’t always love the job, but always played the long game. Church work is where it paid off. The more I worked the more I filled the pension bucket. We aren’t rich now, but we seem to be comfortable.

We have a contract on our Kansas house. Should close early to mid August. It’s a flipper sale. Their offer came in about $10K off what we thought we could clear if we spiffed it up ourselves. Probably would have had an additional 6 months of mortgage, tax, and insurance service too. We’ll take the money and run.

Tomorrow appears to be a full day:
TheBus to airport at 5:30am
Fly to Lana'i
Do some work
Fly back to Oahu
Ukulele Guild of Hawaii board meeting
Go to gym
Go to Imua Lounge for music

Time for the dolphin ride. I hope the ocean isn't too rough today....

blog_img_dismaland_06_dolphin-ride.jpg

Top Bottom