::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I know that all caps (which I didn't do) comes across as yelling, but the larger font just makes it easier for my aging eyes to read. I won't use it, as it's too inconvenient, but it sure eases the use of the forum for me....

You can touch the middle of the screen with two fingers and drag them apart. Problem solved.

Nanilei's sister arrived last night. Her flight landed about 10:40pm.
We asked her if she wanted us to come down and take her to get her car and lead her back, since it was dark, etc. she said no problem...
She had trouble getting to rental car place, then got on the freeway in the the wrong direction, then drove past our house.
She made it ok though.
I went to bed about 1:30am after visiting for a bit, Nanilei came to bed about 4:30ish I think.
Glad they got to catch up.
Tonight I think we are going out to dinner.
Tomorrow we are going to see Bohemian Rhapsody.
Thursday they go up to North Shore to stay the weekend.
It's a sister thing, I am staying home. They might invite me up on Saturday.
This Friday there will be music at Canoe Hut, I will likely go alone.

I know that all caps (which I didn't do) comes across as yelling, but the larger font just makes it easier for my aging eyes to read. I won't use it, as it's too inconvenient, but it sure eases the use of the forum for me....

I'm old enough with old age vision that it helps me as well.

We had hot dogs for lunch. It's funny how something so simple can be so pleasing.

I love a good hot dog. Best hot dog I've ever had has changed - to a very unexpected location. Annie ordered a hot dog at a cafe in Paris. It was huge - too big for her to eat all of it. The rest of us helped her finish it off. It. Was. Incredible.

You can probably adjust the size of text for everything on your tablet/computer. It would be a systems setting, though...

I'm old enough with old age vision that it helps me as well.

I have glasses for my old age vision. They really help!

(Though the day I had to go from single vision lenses to progressives did sting a bit.)

Dimly lit restaurants and prescription bottles are the worst!

Sheryl and I were laughing at each other yesterday. She has classic age-related presbyopia - she needs longer arms to be able to read things. I have bad astigmatism - but if I hold things close enough I can still usually make them out. She was holding something out at arm's length and still couldn't read it so she handed it to me. I pulled it in to within an inch or two of my eyes and was able to read it. Pretty comical...(I didn't have my glasses on at the time...)

Sheryl and I were laughing at each other yesterday. She has classic age-related presbyopia - she needs longer arms to be able to read things. I have bad astigmatism - but if I hold things close enough I can still usually make them out. She was holding something out at arm's length and still couldn't read it so she handed it to me. I pulled it in to within an inch or two of my eyes and was able to read it. Pretty comical...(I didn't have my glasses on at the time...)

I use my phone a lot.

Yup, I will sometimes take my glasses off to read something up close and then try to take my glasses off again because it's still too small.

I have been blessed with superb uncorrected vision my whole life.
Now it is maddening when I have to read a serial number off a hard drive or identify RAM chips.
I never had issues seeing anything before so I am not in the habit of having my glasses.
I leave them in the car because that's where I need them at night, when I am tired.
Just reading teeny tiny stuff, and trying to read things like the Netflix descriptions from across the room, that's pretty much it.
Eye exam again in three weeks.
We'll see what I get then.

It's gonna be vote by mail from now on for us. This makes the third time, so convenient.
By the way Sally, so much more to vote on in California.
Our ballots were pretty sparse.

Yeah, I like the voting by mail. I actually research things ahead of time and really discuss stuff with Mike more throughly.

Yeah, I like the voting by mail. I actually research things ahead of time and really discuss stuff with Mike more throughly.

Sheryl, Ben, and I sat down for over an hour with our ballots and the voter's pamphlet. Candidates were pretty easy this time but the ballot measures (initiatives) were technical nightmares! One of them sounded good at first blush until you really read into it and realized how poorly it was written and how that bad construction would affect how it would be enacted and enforced.

Top Bottom