::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Home.
I think I will get my desk and PC set up in the morning.
Today was rather hectic.
I need some TV veg time.
Tonight's dinner?
Baked chicken breast in a casserole dish with sliced zucchini, diced tomatoes, cream of chicken soup and cream of celery soup.

Yum!

My laptop doesn't like its docking station very much; I have ordered a USB hub to replace the dock and will just plug the rest of the stuff directly into the laptop (keyboard, mouse, monitor). The dock is just plain garbage. I had a church meeting this morning and had to disconnect my keyboard so I could use my camera.

I have an older PC with a super high-end (for its day) video card and a solid state drive to hook up to the Dell ultra-sharp 30" monitor.

Since I don't really do any computing on my PC, I just remote-control stuff, it works very well for that task.
Alas, I started getting calls and emails first thing this morning, so I ended up just working using my laptop only.
Tomorrow is another day.

My PC and monitor are in the outside storage room still...

I did manage to get my Census done today, as well as renew my auto registration and Nanilei's driver license.

So heartbreaking.

Grandpa called Grandma to say goodbye and then he called my parents and then me to get him out of the hospital. He says he doesn't to want to die in the hospital.

I'm hoping it's depression talking. I'm trying to see if we bring a cell phone if they'll get it to him and he can FaceTime.

So heartbreaking.

Grandpa called Grandma to say goodbye and then he called my parents and then me to get him out of the hospital. He says he doesn't to want to die in the hospital.

I'm hoping it's depression talking. I'm trying to see if we bring a cell phone if they'll get it to him and he can FaceTime.

So very sad. I’m so sorry.

Have they tested him?

So very sad. I’m so sorry.

Have they tested him?

Tested negative the first time but the doctor said they're finding out that it doesn't mean anything. Which is scary in itself but they said a bunch of people test negative but end up having it. They tested him again today but I haven't heard anything yet.

Tested negative the first time but the doctor said they're finding out that it doesn't mean anything. Which is scary in itself but they said a bunch of people test negative but end up having it. They tested him again today but I haven't heard anything yet.

Is he really dying? If he is and he doesn’t test positive why not bring him home?

So heartbreaking.

My deep sympathy Gary. Strong prayer for your family.

Is he really dying? If he is and he doesn’t test positive why not bring him home?

My dad is going to ask the doctor what his chances are tomorrow.

For the record, according to Grandpa he's been dying the last 8 or so years. Granted he's had several close calls now but he's a tough old guy who keeps rolling on. A month ago when he was in the hospital was there first time he ever looked weak and somewhat frail to me. The first few days of that stay he looked really scared. I'm sure a lot of what is going through his head right now is partly because of his isolation from family. Last time I stayed overnight in his room a couple of times. The nurse came to tell me visiting hours were over and I guess she could tell by the look I gave her that I wasn't leaving. The next time she came I thought she was going to bring an orderly to kick me out but she brought a blanket. :)

I just wish he didn't have to be there alone.

My dad is going to ask the doctor what his chances are tomorrow.

For the record, according to Grandpa he's been dying the last 8 or so years. Granted he's had several close calls now but he's a tough old guy who keeps rolling on. A month ago when he was in the hospital was there first time he ever looked weak and somewhat frail to me. The first few days of that stay he looked really scared. I'm sure a lot of what is going through his head right now is partly because of his isolation from family. Last time I stayed overnight in his room a couple of times. The nurse came to tell me visiting hours were over and I guess she could tell by the look I gave her that I wasn't leaving. The next time she came I thought she was going to bring an orderly to kick me out but she brought a blanket. :)

I just wish he didn't have to be there alone.

That is the worst. He shouldn’t be alone.

Hopefully you can get some insight from the doctor tomorrow.

Zooming with my class right now.

I'm done with teaching but I have 9 kids hanging out to chat.

I think they're really missing the day to day interaction.

So heartbreaking.

Love to all, Gary.

In other news, I ordered TP from OfficeMax online yesterday and it is supposed to come today. It is commercial TP so probably not that great but considering that I am going to literally wipe my butt with it and flush it down the toilet who cares at this point?

In other news, I ordered TP from OfficeMax online yesterday and it is supposed to come today. It is commercial TP so probably not that great but considering that I am going to literally wipe my butt with it and flush it down the toilet who cares at this point?

Your butt might. There’s a value in comfort.

Top Bottom