Page 2525 of 2694 FirstFirst ... 1525202524252475251525232524252525262527253525752625 ... LastLast
Results 25,241 to 25,250 of 26933

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulelerob View Post
    Shirley and I went out for lunch/dinner.
    Well good. There should have been cake though.
    UWC; only those who have not been can rationalize not going.

Quote Originally Posted by PereBourik View Post
    Living my dream, or rather my nightmare. So lots of PoHoMoJo for all Yoshidas.
    Sakamoto actually.

Mom's side.

. . . and thank you.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Quote Originally Posted by salukulady View Post
    Well damn Gary. Iím so sorry.

Seniors tend to allow themselves to get dehydrated. That might be adding to whatís complicating your grandfathers health.

90? And driving? At night? No no no. Take away the keys. Youíre folks need to take control. Itís time.
    Both my grandparents are very sharp still. First time something like this happened to either of them but yes, grandma will most likely not drive again. They both just passed their driving tests too. I wonder about the DMV standards.

We made sure they took driving tests thinking they'd fail but they both passed.

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Well damn Gary. Iím so sorry.

Seniors tend to allow themselves to get dehydrated. That might be adding to whatís complicating your grandfathers health.

90? And driving? At night? No no no. Take away the keys. Youíre folks need to take control. Itís time.
    Also, dehydration was ruled out. They both have hydroflasks and drink water often. I think it's just getting close for grandpa's time to go. It's hard. They've been as big a part of my life as my parents.

Passionately Untalented

Well good. There should have been cake though.
    I never have cake for my birthday. We do something fun, go to a restaurant for dinner. Family is under STRICT instructions to NOT mention my birthday to the restaurant staff. No party with the extended family. I just like the day for me and Sheryl and the kids.
    1:99
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    Also, dehydration was ruled out. They both have hydroflasks and drink water often. I think it's just getting close for grandpa's time to go. It's hard. They've been as big a part of my life as my parents.
    I'm glad you see that - does your dad? You said he's getting angry because it feels like the docs are just trying to make Grandpa comfortable due to his age...but I'm sure it's not just his age. There is the whole cancer thing...

I'm sorry Gary - it sucks to see a loved one fade, especially when they're mentally with it. There's not much to be said but that we love you and wish you (and the family) didn't have to go through all this.
    The PoHo Store

I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    I never have cake for my birthday. We do something fun, go to a restaurant for dinner. Family is under STRICT instructions to NOT mention my birthday to the restaurant staff. No party with the extended family. I just like the day for me and Sheryl and the kids.
    All it takes is one time at Chevy's, wearing that ridiculous sombrero and having the entire restaurant singing an off key rendition of Happy Birthday in Spanish for you to hate all restaurant celebrations.

Passionately Untalented

I'm glad you see that - does your dad? You said he's getting angry because it feels like the docs are just trying to make Grandpa comfortable due to his age...but I'm sure it's not just his age. There is the whole cancer thing...

I'm sorry Gary - it sucks to see a loved one fade, especially when they're mentally with it. There's not much to be said but that we love you and wish you (and the family) didn't have to go through all this.

My grandmother, dad's mom, went out sharp as a tack but her heart was weak. They did nothing for her except shoot her up with drugs so she wasn't herself and she wasn't in pain. My dad had to just sit there and watch her fade away while the doctors seemingly did nothing. I think he knows cognitively. I think his heart still stings from watching grandma go like that.

Grandpa has been in my dad's life since he was 16 (high school sweethearts) so he's had a huge influence on my father as well.

Passionately Untalented

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    All it takes is one time at Chevy's, wearing that ridiculous sombrero and having the entire restaurant singing an off key rendition of Happy Birthday in Spanish for you to hate all restaurant celebrations.
    Our favorite Mexican restaurant does HILARIOUS birthday celebrations (unintentionally). Their "in house" birthday song is SO off key (and sung in Spanish by unenthusiastic waiters) and then they sing Happy Birthday, similarly off key. But it's hilarious because it's happening to others, not me.
    The PoHo Store

Our favorite Mexican restaurant does HILARIOUS birthday celebrations (unintentionally). Their "in house" birthday song is SO off key (and sung in Spanish by unenthusiastic waiters) and then they sing Happy Birthday, similarly off key. But it's hilarious because it's happening to others, not me.
    Not related but close. My absolute favorite thing on a cruise is singing waiters. It’s why we always cruise with Carnival. They always sing and put on a great show during dinner.
    UWC; only those who have not been can rationalize not going.

Thread Information