Season 328 - My three most favourite tunes.

Unheard of, I know, but this week I am adding a second cover!!! I think I have only done this when we have had folk or traditional songs weeks.

There are certain songwriters whose output I have followed throughout their entire career, Joni is one and another is Richard Thompson. Not only is he a great wordsmith and story teller, he is a dab hand at coming up with beautiful melodies. This song is one of my favourite melodies of his and is up there with his great lyrics.

I have done another analysis of why I think this is a masterpiece in the YouTube description.

Meanwhile here is:

This is a song I really like. I was introduced to it by the UkeAnnapolis group. This is one of their standards.

I hope to get my other 2 favs up but I am not sure if I will get them done since i am just getting over pneumonia and don't have much of a voice.

Added some tracks (harmonica, mandolin, ukulele and backing vocals and some extra visuals) to Linda Louden's original for SOTU #328. Unsolicited Collab.

That screenshot will teach me to never do a late night version of any song again! I jump every time I scroll past it. I look like I belong in a coffin! :eek:ld:

The third one was the hardest to pick. The chords and tabs for Shady Grove were in the first issue of Ukulele magazine I bought. It was a song I wanted to learn the second I decided to try this wacky thing out. So instead of going with an artist I cover a lot (Zevon, Buddy Holly, Nick Lowe), I went this direction. Thanks for listening, and thanks for a great week, Keith!

When I take a uke break at work (and I take a uke break at work as often as possible), I play this song as often as not. That makes it a favorite for me.

The Great Gig in the Sky + Вышел зайчик погулять.

I loved this track from The Dark Side of the Moon since I was a schoolboy. But some time ago I have found perfect kazoo cover and understood that I can play it too... :)
The violin plays my daughter Olga. Russian lyrics is traditional children verselet about bunny's death - because there is no one to sing vocalise :)

Just wanted to say a very BIG thank you to everyone for welcoming me into the fold and for the lovely supportive comments you’ve posted on my YouTube channel. I’m already feeling like I really belong here.
Thank you all again!
Del :)

After several weeks away, I got a couple of songs together for this week. Here is my first, Take Me Home, Country Roads, by John Denver. The story behind this song was that it was my favorite song as a child. My parents played old country records when I was little, and my favorites records were John Denver's. This song is still one of my favorites. Hope you enjoy, and thanks for listening! :)

And here is my second song for this week, A Sailor's Prayer, written by Rod McDonald. This song is one of my favorites because it's one of the first songs that got me interested in folk music as a child. On a long-ago childhood camping trip, my dad was playing a folk show on the radio one night. This song played, and I never forgot it. Then many years later, I sang it at my dad's memorial service. Hope you like it. :)

Top Bottom