WTB: Martin soprano gig bag for OXK

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukeinfused

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I just bought a used Martin OXK off of Reverb.
It was advertised with a "gig bag", which I assumed was the little fitted embroidered gray gig bag these are sold with.

Aggravatingly, the uke came in a flat triangular Martin bag twice the size of the uke (guessing this fits the Martin backpacker guitar).

Does anyone have a Martin soprano gig bag to sell me? (maybe someone with a solid body Martin S1 they've decided to house in a hard case)?
I could also trade for a new concert sized hard canvas/foam zip case currently in my attic.

Appreciate any leads, these don't seem to be sold separately...

On a separate note: holy moly, the OXK is LOUD! Not sure yet if I'm going to like the weight, but it sounds great. There's a resonance on the low end that I really like... and intonation - the compensated saddle rocks. I can see why they say "it's still a Martin".

Last edited:
I've got an extra. Looks like Reverb asks around $55 plus shipping for these. How does $45 including shipping sound?

Bill in NH

I've got an extra. Looks like Reverb asks around $55 plus shipping for these. How does $45 including shipping sound?

Bill in NH

Hi Bill in NH,
I just found that $55 price tag on Elderly (free shipping if you buy some strings to bring purchase to $75).

Yikes!
My standard sop bag is the Hola on Amazon for $15 with free shipping, with impressive padding at 15mm. Is the Martin bag that much better or is that tag for the embroidered name?

A very kind UU fellow has offered me a different case, so I will give up the 'cool factor' of the Martin bag if I can't find a used one here for $25 or $30. Nonetheless, I very much appreciate your reply!

I Hi Tracie -
I have one with an SO in it but would be happy to sell it to you and buy an off market one. I originally had an OXK in it so I know it would fit yours.
Best - Ian

I bought one of Brian Griffin's soprano sized gig bags. I love the simple, but well built design. Fits my sopranos snuggly. No gaudy labels or cheapish materials and such as well. I'll be taking one to Europe, I'll send my review at some point. http://www.griffinukuleles.com/store/p4/Great_Gig_Bags.html

The On-Stage bags are great. I bought a second one because I figured out they can snap together making it easier to carry two!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom