Have I got OCD or what

Timbuck

Reaction score
This is a pic of a 1950's Hofner guitar....I wouldnt be able to get to sleep at night if it was mine..Or am I being too critical.:rolleyes:hof back.jpg

The guitar would, no doubt, play well and sound just fine, but I agree with you, Ken. I find that type of asymmetry unacceptable.

trrs.jpg

It's a 50's Hofner. I have a pic to give you another sleepless night and to fuel your OCD Ken.
The manuscript paper is skew. I know it's off. It would take me less than 5 minutes to remove and align it correctly. I refuse to do that, it's a Torres copy and he had that kind of mojo going on too.
Be at peace with the imperfect world and your sleep will be forever sound.

That irritates me also.
But which is off centre, the neck or the bookmatch of the back?
I would be concerned that if they take so little care over something so apparent, what about the things you cannot see?
h

That irritates me also.
But which is off centre, the neck or the bookmatch of the back?
I would be concerned that if they take so little care over something so apparent, what about the things you cannot see?
h

If it's the neck, then it would be interesting to see the top and whether the bridge and string plane are centered.

That would drive me nuts.... every time I saw it I would wanna kick my butt all around the block if I did that...
No OCD involved there... its a matter of symmetry..

Top Bottom