Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Koaloha concert metallic sound

Is it at a certain fret or all the fretw. You may have a high spot on one of the frets. Doesn't take much to make a buzz/ Also, are the tuners all tightly screwed on?

It might be best to take it to a music shop, they should be able to help
    All the best,
    Campbell

"Blessed Be The Uke"

YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

Is there a pick up? Sometimes the wires move around and can buzz. Also if string ends touching the top body near the bridge can cause buzzing. My tenor had a buzz and I couldn’t figure out where it was coming from. One day I tapped the back up and down and heard a knocking sound in one spot. Turns out it was a loose brace. After it was repaired by Aaron Keim—no more buzz.

There is no pickup, and the string ends are out of the way. Tapping doesn't reveal signs of loose bracing.

I'm not sure how to find high spots on the frets. I'll check with a straight edge.

The tuners may be at fault. They are Grover Champion Deluxe friction tuners, probably 22 years old. Loosening the tension on the C tuner adjusting screw will change where on the fretboard the noise occurs most. Tightening the tension on the adjusting screw will result in the noise moving back the previously fretted note.

I hope I expressed this clearly.

thanks for all the help!

I took the uke to a luthier who has a shop in my area, and he wasn't sure what the problem might be. He thought frets 2 and 3 might be a little high, but was not convinced that they were the cause of the buzzing. He said they would be expensive to dress and might not solve the problem. There was no charge for his time.

I'm tempted treat the uke to an expensive Hawaiian vacation, and send it to Koaloha for repair.

My ukulele is on the way back from Hawaii
    They adjusted the nut and problem solved. They also put on new strings. Griz, from the repair department was awesome, and they treated it as a warranty repair. Golden company.

If you tried all the suggestions we’ve been making you’d have a whole new ukulele by now and the problem would be solved!

I'm delighted you have had a good result, at last. That is very impressive service from KoAloha. You must be very pleased, indeed.

Enjoy!

John Colter.

Thanks John. I am very pleased and excited. Can't wait till it arrives.

Jeff: speaking of new ukuleles... There's a Kiwayi, and a Pepe Romero Custom for sale here that are real temptations.

Thread Information