Dropped ukulele slight damage

DanY

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My sister accidentally dropped her Uke and there is slight damage on the binding where you rest your forearm. Now that it’s uncomfortable to hold and play, anyone have a general idea of how much this would cost to repair? It would help in knowing the price range expected when we take it to a few luthiers this weekend. Pictures attached, thanks!

Attachments

• A3630B28-13FB-4B04-B72A-72F3514949FB.jpg
    A3630B28-13FB-4B04-B72A-72F3514949FB.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 86
  • D2DCE12A-9DD6-462E-AB51-835D8D649E3D.jpg
    D2DCE12A-9DD6-462E-AB51-835D8D649E3D.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 88
That's good advice from Camsuke. The damage appears not to affect the structure of the uke - afaict - and a repair good enough to make it unnoticeable would be much more expensive than a simple 'cover up'.

John Colter

I used 2 part clear epoxy on my Tiny Tenor. Very similar damage to yours. I mixed the epoxy and with a toothpick spread the glue into the chip. Not too high, not too low. I did this in two sessions/layers to get the height right. While the glue gets hard in 15 minutes or so, it became rock hard by the next day.

Hello everyone,

My sister accidentally dropped her Uke and there is slight damage on the binding where you rest your forearm. Now that it’s uncomfortable to hold and play, anyone have a general idea of how much this would cost to repair? It would help in knowing the price range expected when we take it to a few luthiers this weekend. Pictures attached, thanks!

Hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like it might be an easy (cheap) fix. I'd take it to a luthier and get an estimate. There's probably a couple of options. 1) make it go away (maybe not so cheap). 2) smooth it and stabilize it so you don't feel it and it doesn't get any worse.

You could buy a rosewood armrest that fixes with double sided tape, about £6. $10.

Take some fine steel wool and polish it a bit to smooth it out and take off the rough edges; wax the top or Could touch it up with a clear acrylic fingernail polish then wax. Tape off the area and fill in then buff out.

It's part of it's lifecycle. the first dent is always the worst. It shows it's being played.

I wish that was the only damage done to my instruments lol. relax, buff it out, no big deal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom