Season 329 - Nothing Major.

Here's another Uriah Heep song from the same album as the last one I did. This one changes from the minor key to its relative major for the chorus bits. In this case, that is A minor to C major. They are "relative" because they have the same key signature.

I'm surprised this one isn't done more often on the Seasons. It's kinda hard for me to sing in the original key, hence the capo.

hey howdy hey ukey gang! forcing my fingers and wrist to do my bidding! to some success! here's a little minor song..hope you enjoy!

thanks for all the well wishes! love to you all!

A little Coupon of my affection (Hovis Presley poem)

Hovis Presley checks out the checkout girl and wonders if she loves him.
He tries to charm her with his eloquence, but she like a jailbird walked
out mid sentence.

A small coupon of my affection (Hovis Presley poem)
she gave me a smile
from the top of the aisle
that made me forget
why I’d called for a while
it’s a bolt from the blue
it’s too good to be true
that a woman like that
could have eyes just for you
though I have to admit
that if push comes to shove
round here shop assistants
call everyone love

Last edited:
Ahoy good people.

Here is one of my favourite minor songs. St.James infirmary in Dm.

A rough n ready 'A minor' quickie via Dire Straits (a lot of the picking is within a few minor chords too Am, Dm and Em) …………..

Last edited:
Another minor ditty, Caught in the Rain by Dan Hicks & His Hot Licks, from 1971. I loved this band, and saw Dan a couple of times when he played here in Mass., sadly without the Lickettes. Of course, Dan sings at least an octave higher than me. Here's the original live version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YXCj1qRI60

Last edited:
Four days into our holiday, and here's one in Am, from a field on the edge of Dartmoor. With added birds and a man closing a metal gate.

This is an original Jon Duncan arrangement. I believe it is in Em. He sent me his recording with baritone ukes and vocals, and I added steel string tenor mando-lele (converted mandola with 17' scale to four steel strings tuned GCEA) and vocal harmony part. Jon put together together the video as well! Thanks again for hosting Pa ~

I did this one last year during Robin's murder ballad Season. Those Chickens are some dirty fightin' birds!

My second offering this week is a song from my days as a semi-pro folk singer.

I was living in Bristol a the time I wrote this track. One night I was coming home from a gig in the car and as I was approaching the Clifton Bridge from below, I happened to glance up and see what looked like one of the lights on the bridge blink off and on. I had a weird intuition that I had just seen someone jump off the bridge (which was a "popular" suicide spot). However, the road passing under the bridge is a busy main one and I didn't stop, dismissing my idea as just my morbid imagination at work.

The next day I read in the paper (or heard on the news - I don't remember now) that a young girl had thrown herself off the bridge the night before. (That report is where the details in the song came from). Shocked, I exorcised my feelings about it all in this song.

PS From photos of the bridge that I have just seen on the net, they appear to have upgraded both the lights on the bridge and the security measures to prevent suicides since those days.

Hi, Brian! Sorry ... a bit late this week; I've been tied up with hospital visits for my husband. Anyway, this song is definitely in a minor key (Dm) and, in case anyone is wondering, no, I'm not that way inclined. Be warned ... it starts rather loudly!

Last edited:
I’ve been giving Harper lessons, and one of the songs he just learned happens to be in A minor. He’s really proud of recording his first song.

A very old original which I have never recorded before.

The roads are long
The skies are dark
And rain drips from the trees
Falling in time
Beats of my heart
An endless chilling breeze
And as I sing
And as my lute
Whispers a minor key
I breathe a prayer
A haunting song
To bring you back to me
E'en though I know
That you are gone
And that you'll not return
I will not stop
Feeling this way
My love for you still burns
How I will miss
Your silver hair
Your flashing light-filled eyes
Yet as I live
My life in song
Your mem'ry will not die
And though my time
Here in this life
Is far from being o'er
I only have
This one request
Wait for me at the door

Greetings.

Long time. Just for fun. Black Magic in Dm.

Ciao

Last edited:
Top Bottom