Hawai'i Aloha (monstera ukulele instrumental)

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score
I'm very proud to debut my new Moore Bettah monstera tenor. Chuck put himself at risk and worked hard to finish up his last batch of ukuleles before the volcano forced him to evacuate his home and workshop. The main thing is that he and his wife are safe, but I hope he'll be able to bounce back and make ukuleles again.

"Hawaii Aloha" is a much loved song in Hawaii, often sung at the end of music festivals by everyone as they join hands. Hope you like my rendition:

Beautiful. Much Aloha in such a special instrument.

Thanks for sharing

Thanks, vanflynn! I really appreciate it! :)

Love everything about this. The song is just pure ukulele and of course Hawaiian and beautifully played. The rhythm ukulele sparkles under the song.....I am assuming it is same Uke! The timing and feel is perfect. The recording just sounds so natural and lovely. The video is wonderfully shot and of course the ukulele just looks fantastic.....Brilliant!

Thanks, Campbell! Thanks, Mike! Yes, the strumming in the background is with the same uke. I really appreciate your nice comments! :)

Hey John I can’t believe you are the customer Chuck risked his life to return to his house
Hope you send him this video. This could be the last MB in a long time until he recuperate his tools.
It’s beautiful and you matched the background and song so perfectly under your skillful fingers.
A big thumb up !

That was just beautiful! Mahalo.

Oh, and the uke is pretty nice, too. :uhoh: Congrats!

Thanks, Brenda! Thanks, geetee! The fact that Chuck went beyond the call of duty to finish up this uke makes it all the more special to me. I call this the "monstera uke," but I could just as well call it the "volcano uke," given the circumstances. I do hope Chuck will be able to resume making ukuleles. I know there are many more awesome ukuleles those talented fingers can create!

Thanks, Brenda! Thanks, geetee! The fact that Chuck went beyond the call of duty to finish up this uke makes it all the more special to me. I call this the "monstera uke," but I could just as well call it the "volcano uke," given the circumstances. I do hope Chuck will be able to resume making ukuleles. I know there are many more awesome ukuleles those talented fingers can create!

This one definitely has a story to tell
A very very special one for sure for years to come
Glad it’s in a player hands
Congratulations

I always love the videos you do. This one is extra special with an instrument and story that speak for itself, congratulations.

Beautiful instrument, and beautifully played. Thank you! :)

Thanks again, Brenda! Many thanks, Luke, Dave, and Grizzly! I really appreciate it! :)

Aloha John,
Congrats on your Moore Bettah. Looks and sounds great and it was a wonderful song that you did a great job playing.

Mahalo, luv2uke! This monstera uke will be the go-to instrument when I do Hawaiian songs! :)

Congratulations to this unique MB. Such a beauty . I am sure you will always remember as "the Volcano uke" .
Beautiful playing.

Thanks, PlentyofUkes! Yes, definitely! And until Chuck starts making ukes again, I'll know how lucky I was that he could finish the uke! I hope he's been able to move/salvage his equipment and stuff.

Loved this! One of your best. And the beauty of this very special ukulele tops it all off. I would love to learn this song. Please share a link for the tabs if possible. Congrats on your beautiful Moore Bettah!

I didn't know that one was headed your way! A perfect blend of a great instrument from a great luthier for a great player! You'll enjoy it every time you pick it up.

Top Bottom