Hello from downunder

ozrider

Reaction score
Hello folks,

Thought I would introduce myself. I'm living in Perth, Australia. I just bought my first ukulele, looking forward to learning from the experts here. Particularly interested in live sound and effects tips right now as I am planning to gig with it soon. There's a bit of a learning curve but I already play guitar/bass, mostly bass. First rehearsal on Thursday, just learnt 6 songs, not sure how it will go.

Anyone know how to upload an avatar? Can't seem to do it

Cheers!

attachment.php

Last edited:
Aloha and welcome!

Click the settings at the top and there should be an edit avatar option on the left side.

I play live with some effects. I really love reverb and delay. Coming from guitar, I don't think it'll take you long to get really comfortable on it.

Aloha and welcome!

Click the settings at the top and there should be an edit avatar option on the left side.

I play live with some effects. I really love reverb and delay. Coming from guitar, I don't think it'll take you long to get really comfortable on it.

Thanks for that! Managed to put my uke in avatar as you can see.

I have also been experimenting with reverb and delay, with a bit of chorus or autowah using my muliteffects zoom B3 (for bass) - seems to work with a bit of tweaking

Welcome ozrider. Always room for more upside down types.

Welcome, Ozrider.

A few of us 'round these parts are big effects users. I routinely use volume effects, overdrive, octavers, delay, reverb, and loopers. I am expanding into wah and modulation territory, but it's tough to coax wetter sounds into playing nicely with the uke.

Welcome, Ozrider.

A few of us 'round these parts are big effects users. I routinely use volume effects, overdrive, octavers, delay, reverb, and loopers. I am expanding into wah and modulation territory, but it's tough to coax wetter sounds into playing nicely with the uke.

That is pretty cool. I have managed to get some nice settings with wah/reverb, chorus/reverb, and overdrive/chorus/reverb settings on my zoom b3... looking forward to first rehearsal tomorrow!
:cool:

I have managed to get some nice settings with wah/reverb, chorus/reverb, and overdrive/chorus/reverb settings on my zoom b3...

I like pretty dense sonic textures. I'd like to get into ring modulators in particular, but I've been thinking about a chorus and/or vibrato.

Last edited:
Top Bottom