How to reach to Mim?

Jo3x

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I sent Mim an email to clarify some of my questions about one UKE that I'm going to buy from her store some time ago. But got no response till now. Besides email, does anybody know what's the other way to ask her those questions? I really want to get her answers before I decide to make the final order.

Hi folks,

I sent Mim an email to clarify some of my questions about one UKE that I'm going to buy from her store some time ago. But got no response till now. Besides email, does anybody know what's the other way to ask her those questions? I really want to get her answers before I decide to make the final order.

Her Facebook page explains she's out for a short time. Go check it

Mim went (as she does) to GNUF, and then was at UWC this past weekend. She has also had other performances here and there.

She’s a one person retailer; although her daughter helps her drag packages to the post office occasionally.

She also fosters all kinds of animals.

Did you send more than one e-mail? It couldn’t hurt to send another!

If I remember correctly, she gets tons of e-mails. I think she actually prefers a phone call.

Mim went (as she does) to GNUF, and then was at UWC this past weekend. She has also had other performances here and there.

She’s a one person retailer; although her daughter helps her drag packages to the post office occasionally.

I sent only one. Will try some time later. Does she usually reply emails?

Start with an email, then call. Always works for me.

-Kurt

Mim always returns my emails, even if it takes a few days. She usually answers if I call. I don't Facebook her, though.

In my experience she's super responsive if you message her on Reverb.

Adding to what Chris has said above...

For those that dont know, GNUF is a uke festival in the UK and UWC is another HUGE uke fest in Indiana, USA

So unless she has internet on her phone via an international roaming plan with data service, or access to WiFi in the UK, she is likely to be offline from the internet, and UWC takes place in a huge field, in the middle of nowhere so I'm told, at least 10 miles away from civilization so cel towers may not offer service while there.

UWC is literally in a giant field, with no facilities other than porta-potties.

So with all the travel and access hurdles, and the all-day activities, she likely will only be checking her messages once per day if possible, and for that she may have to travel closer to a cel tower or public WiFi in order to get service.

So right now, patience on part of customers is likely to be required as these specific events are a sort of tradition for many, and bring people from all over the globe, and only happen once per year...

As others have said, she is a one-lady-shop and while traveling, the business of 'Mim's Ukes' is likely closed for vacation.

Dont worry, it's only temporary, and according to all the rave reviews here on UU, it's worth the wait while she's away from her shop. Rumor has it that her service is unmatched.

So maybe we can cut her some slack here, as everyone deserves some time off once in a while. :)

Last edited:
Absolutely agree with you about being a one-lady shop and busy traveling - though I don't think any of us was not cutting her some slack?

My first attempt to communicate with Mim was via email, and after not getting a reply for a week or so, I tried again with Reverb messaging and got a near-instant reply. Maybe it was just that one email that got lost or it's easier to keep on top of Reverb messages than emails, which we all get too many of. Anyway I bought from Mim once and would happily buy from her again. :cheers:

The first time I contacted her was by phone, which she answered and we had a very nice conversation. She recommended the Kala cedar top tenor cutaway that I bought. About a year later I met her at the NAMM show in Anaheim. She's definitely a real cutie pie.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

When I read the title of this thread, my mind went into a flat spin, trying to work out what chord would be called, "Mim".

John Colter - easily confused!

+1 on Reverb. My regular emails took awhile to answer, but my communication via Reverb was quick. She's a hoot to talk to either in person or online.

Adding to what Chris has said above...

For those that dont know, GNUF is a uke festival in the UK and UWC is another HUGE uke fest in Indiana, USA

So unless she has internet on her phone via an international roaming plan with data service, or access to WiFi in the UK, she is likely to be offline from the internet, and UWC takes place in a huge field, in the middle of nowhere so I'm told, at least 10 miles away from civilization so cel towers may not offer service while there.

UWC is literally in a giant field, with no facilities other than porta-potties.

So with all the travel and access hurdles, and the all-day activities, she likely will only be checking her messages once per day if possible, and for that she may have to travel closer to a cel tower or public WiFi in order to get service.

So right now, patience on part of customers is likely to be required as these specific events are a sort of tradition for many, and bring people from all over the globe, and only happen once per year...

As others have said, she is a one-lady-shop and while traveling, the business of 'Mim's Ukes' is likely closed for vacation.

Dont worry, it's only temporary, and according to all the rave reviews here on UU, it's worth the wait while she's away from her shop. Rumor has it that her service is unmatched.

So maybe we can cut her some slack here, as everyone deserves some time off once in a while. :)

Thank you for letting me learn all these new information.

I do believe it's worth the wait.

I'm wondering do you know when will she come back?

She's already back. Her Reverb store will say at the top of the store description if she's away (I know because I stalk the store regularly to drool over uke photos :D)

She replied to an email of mine within the day.

Top Bottom