Build Thread: Custom Tenor Ukulele by Marshall Stapleton

That is going to be one terrific ukulele!

I bought a Marshall Stapleton (non-custom) ukulele a while ago, and it has become my most beloved player. Nothing compares to the tone it has!
In case of fire, after living housemates, it would be the first thing to grab.

His finish has a rather 'rustic' quality (might be different on customs), but I quite like that, makes me less nervous to handle and play the instrument.

I'm looking forward to seeing & hearing more of yours!

One of the things I liked about Marshall's ukuleles are that they are more about the sound than the looks.

"Rustic" is a good description.

Suits my personality perfectly....

Almost there....

Setting Up 1.jpg

Had a bit of trouble with the L R Baggs pickup.

A small piece of the battery holder was broken, unfortunately Gear4Music were totally unhelpful as they said it was over 6 months from the order.

Very strange as their website states

"In addition to our money back guarantee scheme, all our products are supplied with a minimum of 2 years' warranty (as of 11th April 2017). If your goods develop a fault within the warranty period, we will quickly repair or replace the item for you, and if we are unable to do this we will offer you a refund. "

On the other hand L R Baggs could not be more helpful and a new one is on it's way.

So kudos to L R Baggs then

Gear4Music now say that

"I think you have been miss-advised on the phone.

We will take this back for a manufacturer repair."

Which is all good, but a bit late as the unit is already on it's way back over the pond to L. R. Baggs.

Just a bit more time for the ukulele to settle in, no bad thing.

Just picked it up from Royal Mail this morning.

For some reason it looks smaller than my KoAloha KTM-00 but it's exactly the same size, interesting.

All looking good at the moment, the neck profile is more like my Pono than my KoAloha but it's a small point and nothing that's going to bother me.

It's 20mm rather than 18mm, can't believe I can notice 2mm.

The sound though, well, it meets everything that I was looking, (hearing?), for.

Each note just rings out and it's got more sustain than my KTM-00.

Marshall has left the action a little high, but I'll adjust that to suit my needs when it's settled in a bit more.

I'll try to take some photos later.

So far I am really, really pleased.

Top Bottom