Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NGD.....Cordoba C9 Crossover

Quote Originally Posted by bsfloyd View Post
    Congrats on the C10!! I have been wanting to get their C10 Parlor classical (or C9, either or). They seem like they might be slightly more comfortable of an instrument. Maybe one day...
    I like the idea of their Parlor size as well. But it does not have the 1-7/8" nut width and radius fretboard. For me that is critical for ease of playing. But that slightly smaller size would be wonderful.

Brenda's C10, for those unfamiliar, has a spruce top and rosewood back and sides. My C9 is cedar and mahogany, both are all solid woods and identical. It will be a lot of fun and very revealing to play both side by side and hear the difference the wood combinations make.
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

Looking forward to the comparison review, Dave. My hunch is that the spruce/rosewood is going to be punchy and projective while the cedar/mahogany is going to be lyrical and sustaining.

Looks like a real beauty, congratulations.
    Playing my Magic Fluke and grinning like a fool!

Quote Originally Posted by maki66 View Post
    Looks like a real beauty, congratulations.
    Thank you, it is also very light and well balanced.

Brenda C10 is with downupdave so he can play with his brother C9
    Brenda

Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

Quote Originally Posted by bsfloyd View Post
    Looking forward to the comparison review, Dave. My hunch is that the spruce/rosewood is going to be punchy and projective while the cedar/mahogany is going to be lyrical and sustaining.
    I have had Brendas C10 in my possession since yesterday afternoon. I have played them back to back on almost every song I know and some I don't. Bsfloyd.....you are correct about the tonal difference, very stereotypical cedar-mahogany vs spruce-rosewood. The C9 cedar is lyrical, sweet , musical with a rich complex sound. The C10 spruce is powerful projects well with nice clarity. Suprisingly the cedar is louder, until strummed hard then it falls apart while the spruce stays clear with lots of head room. To my ears the cedar has a more pleasing tone, but it depends on what you play and how you play it. The spruce rosewood has the nice rosewood overtones and chime and I can play strumming type folk and rock songs on it with abandon.

If asked to choice between the two I am totally undecided, both have great strengths and no glaring weaknesses.

Please come back or your lfdm baritone is mine.
    Brenda

Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

Thanks for the review, Dave! Yes, tonewoods for the most part are predictable, of course with some caveats by luthier builds - but most factory instruments will be. The beauty of it is that you do t have to choose, you just get both The best of both worlds!!

Congratulations, Dave, and thanks für sharing your impressions with us. Sounds like you found a great crossover instrument that combines best of both worlds. Would be a tough decision about the wood combos for me as well.

Dave or Brenda - Do either of you have any experience with Cordoba's Fusion series? I found a pretty good deal on a slightly used but full factory warranty on a Fusion 12. 1 7/8" nut width, radius fretboard....

Thread Information