Beatles fan?

Very cool, a little pricey for me, though...

Very cool, a little pricey for me, though...

They need to make a version like the Alvarez Grateful Dead series. Seems like that would be a way to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Yellow Submarine, since George loved ukuleles.

They must have mistyped an extra zero on that price......

They need to make a version like the Alvarez Grateful Dead series. Seems like that would be a way to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Yellow Submarine, since George loved ukuleles.

Yeah, my inner cheapskate couldn't help but think, "that's probably a fair price for a handpainted uke, because the artist put a ton of time and skill into it... but if that same image was printed on, I could buy it for about a hundred bucks"

This is a link to the artist's website: https://paintedukuleles.com
You can currently buy a newly painted uke direct from the artist for £320 (US$429), plus postage.
If you want a custom Beatle memorabilia painted uke, perhaps you could contact the artist and get a new one, painted to your custom design, landed in the USA or anywhere on the planet for a lot less than $700?

Thanks for sharing that. I downloaded the photos & told a friend I was going to print them out & stick them on a plastic uke. LOL. Not really workable, but the photos cheer me up. :)

The album isn't The Beatles at their best, & they didn't have much to do w/ the movie, but somehow I find that it puts a smile on my face, as does the ukulele. Going to go play my non-painted ukulele now & smile some more.

They must have mistyped an extra zero on that price......

I think that Brukos sell for a few hundred, & the artist put in a bit of work, so though it's high priced, dropping a zero wouldn't be reasonable either.

Lots of high priced Beatles items out there, so there will be a Beatles fan who will be willing & able to pay that price.
It has made me smile all day, without paying that price, though. :)

I saw that "Yellow Submarine" Bruko before the artist sent it off to its first owner. The artwork is most impressive.

John Colter.

I'd like a solid koa uke with a single small yellow submarine painted on it, sort of like it was traversing the koa forest.

Thanks for sharing that. I downloaded the photos & told a friend I was going to print them out & stick them on a plastic uke

You may be kidding, but that's an idea. Printing it to the correct size would be a challenge. Copyright infringement is another concern, so when it's finished, don't take it out of your house - or take pictures of it - or tell anyone about it. ;)

Looks very nice. I am a big fan of The Beatles, but $700 is outside my budget range.

However, I am happy that this exists.

Jake Wildwood is a hero of mine for his restoration work, and his own compositions are really great too.

Thanks for sharing this Jerry.

Top Bottom