Thread: How do I reset my comcast router ?

Default How do I reset my comcast router ?

Sorry to ask it here.

But I need to reset my comcast router. Tried the methods and tricks mentioned on internet but none worked in my case.

Help neeeded

Quote Originally Posted by armxx048 View Post
    Sorry to ask it here.

But I need to reset my comcast router. Tried the methods and tricks mentioned on internet but none worked in my case.

Help neeeded
    I do not have experience with "Comcast" branded routers, but have owned many others over the years.

Turning it off, and waiting like 20 minutes, and then turning it on again sometimes works.

Also, sometimes there is a tiny hole on the back, that you need to insert a pin to press the button, or an actually tiny button, and either or both whichever is there (sometimes says "reset" next to it) that you need to "press and hold it in" when the power is off, and then while holding down the button, you insert to power cord, and keep the button pressed for like 30 seconds and see if the lights flash a few times.

You might want to make sure to right down the username and password needed to log in to it from your web browser, or if you know which it will be after the reset. Otherwise you will have trouble setting it up again.

Aside from the above, have you called Comcast support? 1-800-OK-CABLE is the number I have always used.

I had Comcast when I lived in NJ, but now in NYC I have FioS from Verizon.
    -Joe......Have uke, will travel...

All routers and modems I've ever dealt with only require the power to be unplugged for 30 seconds to 1 minute to reset. It's not out of the question that the router is faulty and might need to be replaced.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Sorry to ask it here.

Help neeeded
    I found this blog. Where they discussed everything about comcast router login IP Address: 10-0-0-0-1.org

Sorry to ask it here.

Help neeeded
    I assume you're trying to follow government recommendations to thwart some nasty malware. Everything I read says to simply unplug your router from power for a while, then plug it back in.

If you have internet/phone/TV through your cable company, your phones and everything else will be unavailable while you wait for it to reboot. In my case, I unplugged it for 30 seconds, then waited 30 minutes for my devices to be able to connect.

The other replies here seem to indicate that few people are aware of the issue. It was on every news show on television, and can be found on YouTube as well. Take a look at this thread, and read some of the links referred to there; https://www.macintouch.com/community...883/#post-3289

Thread Information