She's Leaving Home (Beatles) - Ukulele instrumental with Orchestration.

MikeHollandGuitar

Reaction score
She's Leaving Home by the Beatles from Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. I have arranged the Orchestration in a program called Reason. The program is usually used for creating dance music but there are a lot of sampled instruments and a sequencer with lots of possibilities. Strings.....violin, viola, cello and bowed double bass with additional flute part. Solo played on an Ohana Tenor Ukulele TK35G with low G tuning.

I hope you all enjoy! Mike

Thanks! Very nice. The uke sounds very much like the harp on the original recording.
I have a T35G too and wonder what strings you use for the low G tuning?

Thanks! Very nice. The uke sounds very much like the harp on the original recording.
I have a T35G too and wonder what strings you use for the low G tuning?
Thank you FinnP, Now you have said it I think Ukes do sound a lot like a harp.....never noticed that before! The strings are standard Aquila Nylgut with a Fremont squeakles low G. I particularly recommend the Fremont low G.

Thanks very nice and once again, discouraging (will I ever get there) and an incentive
Thank you plunker, the fun is in the learning and playing. I am always inspired by another persons playing. I love YouTube!

Thumbs up. It is always a nice to start the day with your music.
Thanks again Lapyang.......your quote really made me smile! Although for me starting the day will always involve coffee!

Wow, really a great job! Love the part that sounds like a mandolin, and what a sweet finish...
Thank you Keonepex......I am still in awe of that lovely looking ukulele.......do you sleep with it?

Nice job Mike. Can't go wrong with the Beatles.
Thank you lfoo6952, I totally agree.......I am a massive Beatles fan!

Wow doctor that’s a huge compliment!
:agree:
Great job!
Thanks Brenda..........it is a huge compliment.......no competition with coffee though!!!!!!!

Fabulous work Mike, what a big sound! You've given me a reason to check out "Reason" :D
Haha....there is always a reason. I noticed you have changed your Avatar! I assume you are an art lover. Anybody who uses Mondrian art as an avatar must be!

Real quality stuff Mike - thanks! And thanks for posting the technical info, I'm always interested in how people put together their backing tracks etc.
Hi Wingnutz. Thanks for the comment! It was great to see your videos. Likewise I like to find out how things are done. Looking forward to more music from you!

Mike

Beautifully done.

Nice. I do more of my full productions in Reason than any other environment. So powerful. If you can dream it up, you can probably do it in Reason and as you say, it is a lot more versatile than EDM. The sampled instruments aren't really it's forte, but they can be made to sound decent with a little editing and effects.

Great. I really enjoyed that. Thanks for posting.
Luv n stuff, Dave

For some reasons I do not remember hearing this Beatles song but you sure made it sound good.
Just subscribed your channel. Thank you for sharing.

Top Bottom