Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Sotu 330 "furniture, fixtures & fittings"

Quote Originally Posted by robinboyd View Post
    Looks like I won't make it this week. I have 2 songs at roughly recording standard but no time to actually record them. I'll have to bring them in a future season. Unfortunately neither of them is folky.

That's a shame, Robin ... but thanks for trying!
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

The first song that came to mind this Season was this one from 80s Idaho/90s Seattle rockers Treepeople. Treepeople were my favorite band when they first got together, and their members have gone on to become my bandmates, my coworkers, and my family members. They played reunion shows last weekend here in Portland as this Season kicked off, so what a perfect time to learn a song from their first demo cassette. Whee!

-Ralf Youtz

My videos are here.

The future is unwritten.

Sorry I missed your season, Val. I was in Latvia all last week. We saw a beaver in the very heart of Riga! But I have listened to the entire playlist while I've been unpacking, and doing all the usual post-holiday tidying and catching up. I haven't had time to comment on more than a couple of entries, but I've enjoyed every single one. You're going to have a hard job picking winners!

Last edited by redpaul1; Yesterday at 02:42 AM. Reason: Added beaver.
    Argapa custom piccolo | Argapa custom resonator soprano | Rob Collins custom soprano | Kavanagh custom concert | Ashton sop. | Clearwater SB electric concert | Kala PU-SSTU travel sopranissimo | Kala PU-SMH sopranissimo | Kala SSTU-BP soprano | Kala C/MU concert "The Mighty Uke"! | Kala SSTU-C concert | Kala SSTU-T tenor | Korala UKS-310 sop | Harley Benton BCJ100-FMH SB electric baritone | Lanikai S-B Baritone | Clearwater "long neck" baritone | Maholo sop. | Tiny Tangi

Too Drunk To Pluck

[QUOTE=redpaul1;2073964]Sorry I missed your season, Val. I was in Latvia all last week. We saw a beaver in the very heart of Riga! But I have listened to the entire playlist while I've been unpacking, and doing all the usual post-holiday tidying and catching up. I haven't had time to comment on more than a couple of entries, but I've enjoyed every single one. You're going to have a hard job picking winners!

Hi Paul! Well, I think being in Latvia is a very good excuse for missing the Season ... and thanks for the lovely photos! (And as for choosing winners .... hmmm!)
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Well, I think Season 330 is now officially over! (In fact, it was probably over two or three hours ago, but I wasn't here to say so.) Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed ... I've had fun! I will do the wrap in the next few days.

And now, just one more joke to end the Season with:-

Murphy was seen struggling up the hill on High Street in Kilkenny with an enormous double wardrobe (closet) on his back. Mick saw his mate struggling and shouted, "Hey, Murphy, do ya wanna hand with that?"
    Murphy looked at Mick and smiled and said, "No tanks, I've got Paddy inside, carrying the clothes!"

Quote Originally Posted by ubulele View Post
    "A Beavah in the Heart of Riga"—is that a song waiting to be written?
    And for anyone considering the challenge - here's a word you also might use in the lyric - "eager". There's no charge for that, but I'll expect a mention in the sleeve notes!

Sorry I missed your Season Val. And I even had a Mildred Bailey song picked out- but I never had a chance to record. Summer is SO busy. Looks like you had a great Season though. Next time!

Quote Originally Posted by myrnaukelele View Post
    Sorry I missed your Season Val. And I even had a Mildred Bailey song picked out- but I never had a chance to record. Summer is SO busy. Looks like you had a great Season though. Next time!

Oh, that's kind of you, Myrna ... I've seen on FB how busy you are with your flowers and veggies!

Fun Season, Val! Thanks!
    Randy - Harry122

Thread Information