Sotu 330 "furniture, fixtures & fittings"

I do have a question for our esteemed host of this week. I posted a joke on Saturday, not sure if it passed the test or not, but I went ahead and posted a 4th song anyhow. My question now is, do I need to to tell more jokes to post more songs? I mean, I could probably bring another joke to the "counter" before I "sink"....

Whenever Benji plays NOFX or MxPx, I think of this band. And in this song a sofa plays a prominent role (though it’s only mentioned once). And finding $20 under the sofa always makes me think of Homer Simpson looking for the last honey roasted peanut, swimming in the oil and salt of its long departed brothers.

Last edited:
I do have a question for our esteemed host of this week. I posted a joke on Saturday, not sure if it passed the test or not, but I went ahead and posted a 4th song anyhow. My question now is, do I need to to tell more jokes to post more songs? I mean, I could probably bring another joke to the "counter" before I "sink"....

Oh, go ahead and post some more songs, Trent .... don't want anything sinking round here!

So I’m still trying to get the song limit lifted for myself, and none of my jokes have passed the Val test. Do you guys have IKEA in France?

View attachment 109688

Oh, yes ... indeed we DO! I was thinking of bringing this joke myself ... but I didn't think you had IKEA in the States. You have passed the "joke test", Benji!

Oops Well I was laughing at the part where the Scotsman opened up his wallet !! ;)

Angus called in to see his friend Donald to find he was stripping the wallpaper from the walls. Rather obviously, he remarked "You're decorating, I see." to which Donald replied "Naw. I'm moving house."

Nice one, Mark! (Er ... I'm sure the Scots aren't REALLY like that - in case Rob reads this!)

Nice one, Mark! (Er ... I'm sure the Scots aren't REALLY like that - in case Rob reads this!)

Speaking of Scots.....errr.....Irish.....errr....Whatever..... ......

What is Irish and left out on the lawn all summer?........................Paddy O'Furnature!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Believe me when I say, I WASn't on the patio when I did this one :rulez:

Last edited:
Good morning/afternoon/early evening from deepest France! Thank you so much for the overnight contributions ... I think I am up-to-date now and that everyone has been added to the Playlist (if, by any chance, you have been left off, then please get in touch with me a.s.a.p.) Lots more contributions today, please and some more terrible jokes. I will start with this one:-

images (15).jpeg

There's a certain Beatles song to be had yet that contains in it's lyrics..........Bedroom Door, Stairs,Key, Kitchen and Back door. I've got a different tune uploading at the mo and doubt I'll get a chance to do it so if you guess what it is go for it !! :cool:

Last edited:
Had a crack at this one while Wesley was frantically nudging my bum and legs while trying to get at a lone fly that's been buzzing around and Irritating him all morning

There is a place in Finland called Laihia that is known as the Scotland of Finland.
They invented thin copper wire when two of them were fighting over a copper penny.
They also have the museum of stinginess.
2013-1_Laihia.gif

There is a place in Finland called Laihia that is known as the Scotland of Finland.
They invented thin copper wire when two of them were fighting over a copper penny.
They also have the museum of stinginess.
2013-1_Laihia.gif

I really like the sound of Finland, Rob ... you seem to have some quite off the wall stuff over there!

Top Bottom