Sotu 330 "furniture, fixtures & fittings"

LimousinLil

Reaction score
Sotu 330 "Furniture, Fixtures & Fittings"

Hello, Friends ... and welcome to Season 330, in which we shall be finding songs about all things house-related, as in "Furniture, Fixtures & Fittings". Please bring me songs that mention (in the title or the lyrics), chairs, tables, carpets, beds, baths, windows, doors, stairs and anything else which is an integral part of your home. THERE WILL BE BONUS POINTS IF YOU PERFORM YOUR SONG IN FRONT OF, OR SITTING ON/IN THE ITEM MENTIONED IN THE TITLE OR LYRICS!

Normal rules apply in terms of Hawaiian start and finish times, ukulele being front and foremost in your song, plugging in, etc. Please provide new recordings for this Season and please mention somewhere that this is for Season 330. Originals, will, of course, be most welcome. THERE WILL BE A PRIZE AWARDED FOR THE BEST THEME-RELATED JOKE WHICH SURFACES DURING THE COURSE OF THE WEEK, SO PLEASE DIG OUT YOUR CORNY JOKE BOOKS!

I can only apologise for the accompanying vid, which was obviously made by someone who had too much time on her hands and who has illusions of being a latter-day Fellini! (If you are interested in seeing what an old French cottage - dating from 1721 - looks like, then it might be worth viewing. I, myself, am fascinated by other people's houses and, when I had a weekend job working in a local Estate Agent's (Realtor's) office, the best part was showing potential buyers over the properties on the books.)

I'll put up the Playlist as the first songs appear. At the moment, there is a three-song limit, but, if our useless Internet service allows, this may be lifted later in the week.

Meantime, Pa's excellent and challenging Season still has over a day to run ... so, keep finding those "minor" songs.

I look forward to welcoming you all to "my" house!

[video=youtube;oaXBNExNHQs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaXBNExNHQs[/video

PLAYLIST (link to)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHFDjTj2zZYyOxXU3_HhAf28TroqJtrl4

Last edited:
I'm gonna pull up a chair and enjoy this week Val. Hopefully it will be a very comfy week. Terrific theme!
Off to see what songs are out there.
Thanks for hosting Val.

I wonder if someone will do Up On The Roof :D

Great fun theme Val!

Terrific theme, Val! Lots of great choices and plenty of fun vids to watch, I'm sure!

Won't be able to post early in the season this week Val.
I have a song picked out that I want to shoot 'on location' and the weather is lousy at the moment - well lousy for shooting videos outdoors - some people are getting much needed rain.
I look forward to seeing what comes in and hope that Sparky does not do 'my' song before I get a chance. Of course she'd do a top job!

Good morning/afternoon, All! We have got our first jokes ... thank you, Lynda and Trent! Rick and DelG - was hoping that this theme would offer lots of choice. Linda, PLEASE be careful if you're going to climb up on the roof. And Brian, what are you doing going "on location" - you're supposed to be in the house?

I've actually got furniture disease! That's when your chest drops to your drawers......

I put some wheels on the bottom of my rocking chair,
If I did that somebody told me I could rock and roll.

I'll get my coat.

be91ff08d2e10520a6d27afc64a3d6e2.jpg

Attachments

• be91ff08d2e10520a6d27afc64a3d6e2.jpg
    be91ff08d2e10520a6d27afc64a3d6e2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1
If only there was a famous song about a Stairway....

If it is not Sunday in Hawaii yet it ought to be. Weird thing...the minute school ends I cannot sleep. I cannot really tell you what time it is in Hawaii...but it is 2 am in Cloverdale.

Well I figure I'm about 45 mins early but if TCK has already kicked us off here goes mine because I'm about to go out.

I did get a 'normal' take of this but wasn't entirely happy with it, but my wife heard I'd finished and sent Nathan up to get dressed, not knowing I was in his room. So naturally j asked Nathan to join in and in his naturally improv style we actually have the item in question incorporated into the performance! Which is just as well because apart from the title and one line in the second verse this song has nothing to do with Rocking Horses. It's from the Dead weather's first album, when Jack White started getting really weird.

Being a bit of a couch potato isn't me, nor is fiddling on the roof my thing, & I'm not ready for the stairway to heaven, so I'll just sit right down & write me a letter, after Polly puts the kettle on, whilst reading the theme for this week on my computer. Hmmm, I can't think of anything to bring just yet.....

Found this today.Never heard it before.It's a dark one..but a goody.My vocal is a bit strained but was too lazy to transpose. "The Bed Song" by Amanda Palmer.- oh extra points cause a ukulele is mentioned in the lyrics.

Top Bottom