Sotu 330 "furniture, fixtures & fittings"

The aforementioned fuse box. Original, 1942, and still active. Fortunately there are enough of them around that the hardware store still carries replacements. Sorry for the lighting, but the bulb in the closet is really hot when it’s only 8 inches from your face, so I turned it off.

And good morning/afternoon/early evening again from deepest France! Thanks so much for the (my) overnight contributions. More today, please ... need to hit the hundred mark this week! In order to progress beyond three songs, it is only necessary to post one joke ... any bonus songs after that can be joke-free! And, speaking of jokes:

Funny_bizarro_comics48.jpg

a 3 legged chair and a cabinet of " Good Morning" towels with aqua phobia

That old classic 'Ceilings' played on my appropriately tuned 'lil Martin guitar .................

And a song about a tub. From a german movie 1962.
As tenor does not rhyme with ear, baritone does with foam.
Sorry for making Caruso a baritone.

Tom Waits seems to be getting a lot of attention of late. Here is another. I was thinking about this song for "Nothing Major" but it works as well here for the different fixtures and furnishings in it.

Last edited:
As no one picked up the gauntlet on this one I decided to have a crack at it myself as my fourth and final quota for the week.

All my life I have struggled with my weight. I put it on so easily and really have to starve and sweat to lose any. I noticed this from a very young age. Indeed, at 17, I entitled my first collection of poems "Alone in the Kitchen - No Holds Barred". That title inspired my song this week, which not only mentions and illustrates our kitchen, but also gets a mention in for the cupboard(s) (and shows you what is in ours). I also throw the fridge in for good measure - though the lyrics don't mention that ;)

Hope you enjoy:

I look at the FLOOR and I see it needs sweeping, how are you fixed Val :)

Very many thanks to all who have posted today ... please keep them coming. Anyone who reckons that they have got through the crucial three song joke test can post as many bonus songs as they like (within reason!) Good night!

6ef5cd855bbad32edeebea974bbb6b18--catwoman-comic-batman-humor.jpg

And, no Graham ... I don't do floor sweeping!

There’s a window and a door here - and from my favourite musical decade.

Here's a David Allan Coe song from the late 70's that I think is a heck of a strong country tune. It's a real challenge to try to sing too. I'm not in 100% voice at the moment due to not a lot of sleep, but I had fun trying.

In this case they are metaphorical, but pots and kettles seem like they’re both pretty common. Wilco, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, 2002.

Last edited:
Top Bottom