Sotu 330 "furniture, fixtures & fittings"

Val called for some songs with small furniture items .In searching I came across this Mark Knopfler gem.Never heard it before.Starts
"I've got latches for windows,handles for doors"...."Hard Shoulder" by Mark Knopfler
Some very nice lyrics too...working on two levels.Wish I had more time to do it a bit better.

I did this one before, about a year ago, but this time I added a bunch of walk-ups and walk-downs and other simple fiddly bits. Also, this time I didn't use a capo because my vocal range has improved a little since then.

330-6

Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards the local swimming pool. – I gave him a glass of water.

I'm recovering from a nasty cold that made singing impossible earlier in the week, and it's still having an effect. Anyways...

Do the chairs in your parlor seem empty and bare?

And good morning and etc., from deepest France. I'm just catching up on the latest contributions ... thank you all so much!

BREAKING NEWS
All song limits have been lifted ... bring them on! I could really do with more "fixtures and fittings" songs, so, to put you in the mood, two jokes to start the day:

Knock, knock!
Who's there?
Deja!
Deja who?
Knock, knock!*

*This joke is very subtle ... and slightly French!

And now for an "American" one:-

Knock, knock!
Who's there?.
F.B.I.
F.B. .... ?
We're asking the questions here!

Last edited:
Here is another song that fits this theme, it's by the Beautiful South, and is called the Table. I had some multi-tracking fun, and overlayed a video of someone making a table just for fun ;).

(Another song?)

Not very likely - I was just threatening so that others would bring you some more. :smileybounce::music:

(I thought when you retired you were supposed to have a lot of time to spare, but I just don't seem to have much lately, just enough to keep in touch with things, & do an occasional video here, or on my harmonica forum. :( )

I managed a third - an instrumental this time.

This is a slow air written by Shetland Fiddler, the late Tom Anderson who has composed some fabulous tunes. Played on my Anglo Concertina with accompaniment on my Baritone Uke.

One more from me this week Val. I recorded this rank little ditty awhile back, but took i down cause the video had a bad hum in it. This time I used it to get more practice in on the "Finnish Ukulele, though I also play cigar box uke at the end here to be "legal", and to practice switching back and forth between instruments.

Furniture, fixtures, and fittings? This song has someone passed out in a tub and sixteen candles down the drain.

When our dog was a puppy, he liked to chase cars. Now that he's older, he just lays around all day. I guess you could say now he likes to chaise the lounge. {rimshot}

This is a new one for me. I do the whole song without ever strumming a full chord. A song about a window, by the Doors.

Great theme! And so many great entries! "...I crawled off to sleep in the bath..."

here is my song for this week:

It is by Kellie Pickler

Top Bottom