Sotu 330 "furniture, fixtures & fittings"

thank you for hosting the week Val.
an original song for the season.

Hello again! Sorry, I have been neglectful of my duties ... Sunday visit to the Market, followed by lunch with friends; life is hard! I see that there are already some songs up - thanks so much! (And thanks for the joke, Brian ... our dog is NEVER allowed on the couch; or, at least, not when we're around!) I will put the Playlist up. All comments will be put directly on Youtube. Please keep everything coming.

Great season, Val. Thanks for hosting. My first entry is an NOFX song.

And here’s my second entry. I hope metaphorical doors are ok? There’s a door behind me in the video for you to admire, if you choose to do so.

I just saw that Dave beat me to Linoleum. Sorry for the repeat, Val, but to be fair, it is only 8 in the morning on Sunday, so the odds of someone already doing it had to be extremely low. Oh well!

I had to do this outdoors, despite the mosquitoes. Also I tried to erase from memory the original Tom Waits approach. (Yeah, it's his song, but still ...) Sarah Jarosz did it much better than TW or I or just about anyone I could imagine. But here's mine.

Songs from outside the house, outside the door, on the floor and all the way from tables and rocking horses to sideboards (sideboards???) up to the attic! I am beginning to think already that I might need to up the limit from three songs; but no one will be allowed to go beyond three songs unless they have posted an appropriate joke, speaking of which .....

download (1).jpeg

This John Denver classic was one of the first songs to pop in my head for this week, and what a super fun tune this is! I hesitated to do it though cause I thought others might do it as well this week, but then I thought what the heck, and that is has a lot of words, and takes a lot of breath.

Top Bottom