Looking for Breedlove spruce top tenor

Kalanilei

Reaction score
Let me know if you have one you wouldn't mind selling. Thx!

Just my 2 cents, do not waste your time and money...had one , sold it. heavy and guiet.....unimpressed.

Thanks for the input. Never actually heard one but I own several of their older American-made guitars and love 'em! Quality build, excellent materials and great sound!

Had a collings uc1, now that was a fine uke, light, , great build. The breedlove tenor was such a disapointment. Over built and heavy, surprisingly very quiet. Did nothing for me, but everyone is different. Replaced it with a Martin Iz commemoritive tenor. What a difference, light as a feather, and big voice. Have not played a larrivee but am told they are very sweet ukes. I believe Taylor and Santa Cruz made a few ukes but good luck finding those!!!

Last edited:
I guess I should stick to my KoAlohas. I have a concert that is light, LOUD and sings so sweetly!

My best sounding uke is my Koaloha Purple heart Tenor....none can beat the depth, tone and sustain ......
My second favorite uke is Koaloha long neck soprano....a joy to play and great volume...

If you have Koalohas, you really do not need anything else, but it always fun experimenting with new stuff...but you may find out , the new love is not as good as what you already have.
( for me is was the Breedlove and to lesser degree the Collings and a White label Kamaka I had owned that fell short of my musical expectations) and thus sold them.
Everything in my signature now deserves and earned a place in my music room,, ha.

Last edited:
I owned a Breedlove KB Signature Myrtle/Bearclaw Spruce slothead tenor that was personally built by Kim Breedlove. It was light, built with impeccable workmanship, and sounded amazing. Full, rich tone with dynamic range from the lows to the highs. Excellent projection, tone, and note separation. Outstanding playability and sustain, with great clarity up and down the neck.

I regret selling it and I do miss it tremendously. It had a satin finish, which is the reason I ended up selling it. I prefer thin, high gloss finishes on my ukes. If I'm not mistaken, there were only 10 of these fabulous instruments that were built. Breedlove no longer builds ukes.

If you ever have the opportunity of playing one, do it. You won't be disappointed. I'm sure that you would pull the trigger on it once you have played it and hear how wonderful and dynamic it sounds.

:shaka:

Last edited:
I owned a Breedlove KB Signature Myrtle/Bearclaw Spruce slothead tenor that was personally built by Kim Breedlove. It was light, built with impeccable workmanship, and sounded amazing. Full, rich tone with dynamic range from the lows to the highs. Excellent projection, tone, and note separation. Outstanding playability and sustain, with great clarity up and down the neck.

I regret selling it and I do miss it tremendously. It had a satin finish, which is the reason I ended up selling it. I prefer thin, high gloss finishes on my ukes. If I'm not mistaken, there were only 10 of these fabulous instruments that were built. Breedlove no longer builds ukes.

If you ever have the opportunity of playing one, do it. You won't be disappointed. I'm sure that you would pull the trigger on it once you have played it and hear how wonderful and dynamic it sounds.

:shaka:

I have a Kim Breedlove Signature Tenor; it is everything that this gentleman has said so well.

However I feel it is a keeper and I don’t see myself selling it.

E721966F-6333-45AF-98A4-F42A44B3514E.jpg

E5B55DFC-E828-4837-AAAC-70498B442C11.jpg

43CE0E94-BE3F-4342-A544-77DA14CCBD14.jpg

091E8226-9DED-40F9-BD62-DAD84D5296AB.jpg

Top Bottom