Kanile'a-replace tuner knobs?

intro

Reaction score
I have a Kanile'a K1-SC "Super Concert ukulele with OEM kanile'a tuners. I love the ukulele, but I'm not in love with the knobs on the tuners, which are black plastic and of such quality that you can see the mold line on them (ick!). A little surprised that they're not better in this price range. But the GOOD news is that they are removable. The point is, does anyone know a source for better quality knobs to fit the original OEM machines without having to replace the whole thing? I've tried the usual suspects: Stew-mac Waverly, Elderly All-parts, eBay, Amazon. Lots for guitar (Would they fit?) not so much of decent quality that I could see specifically for uke. Maybe the knobs are the same, but "do I feel that lucky"?
Thanks for reading!

True!

You could always remove the knobs and polish them. Sand off any visible seams & then polish with fine wet & dry emery paper & then buff. :D
Very true. And I might do just that, but I was hoping for something along the tortoise amber or Ivoroid lines, without having to do a lot of modification. As you said though, it is an option which I might choose. Thanks!

Top Bottom