String suggestions....HELP!!!

Del1015

Reaction score
So, I need help deciding on strings for my Pono Mango Soprano. I’m looking for good volume (for a soprano), good clarity, punch, and sustain. Mango typically has a bit of a warm sound so I’d like a set that balances out the warmth. I currently have Daddario Nyltechs on my MGS. They’re ok, but not quite what I’m looking for. I’ve also tried the Daddario Titaniums which I liked the clarity but was wondering if there might be a set with a bit more volume/punch. I was debating on trying Martin Flourocarbons next but I’m also debating between Aquila Sugars, Fremont Blacklines, and Worth Clears. Anyone have experience with these on a soprano? I’m also open to other suggestions. Thanks in advance.

I have Worth Clears on both my sopranos...... a solid koa, and an acacia laminate. I prefer fluorocarbon. Oasis Brights might be another idea.

I'm not a soprano player but it definitely sounds like you want some fluorocarbons. Start with the Martin M600s which are cheap and available almost anywhere. Then you can try others if you aren't thrilled yet - Worth and Oasis as mentioned, also Living Water and Southcoast.

I have Worth Clears on both my sopranos...... a solid koa, and an acacia laminate. I prefer fluorocarbon. Oasis Brights might be another idea.

You stole my suggestions, lol:p

The Oasis are larger diameter then the Worth so they might drive the top more and give increased volume

Thanks All!!! I think I'm going to pick up a set of Martins and Oasis and try them out.

Top Bottom