Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Cordoba Mini II

Quote Originally Posted by bnolsen View Post
    Now that I remember, the yamaha gl1.
    Ah, the GL1. Well, I don't see this being a GL1 killer considering it will be two or three times the price. I've played one or two GL1s that really weren't bad and almost (almost) left the Guitar Center with me.
    Ukelele:
    Iriguchi Tenor "Weeble" - Bb, SC SMU
    Blue Star 19" baritone Konablaster - DGBE
    KPK pineapple SLN-GCEA
    Cocobolo 16" SC#1-gCEA, SC SLMU
    Ono #42 19" baritone, Ab, LW
    Imua iET-Bb, M600
    Covered Bridge CLN pineapple - Eb cuatro, SC XLL
    Rogue bari
    Bonanza super tenor, FBL cFAD
    Kala KSLNG-C Lava
    Guitars:
    Cordoba C1m 1/4, TI CF127, G
    Cordoba Mini M, SC F# EFS
    Jupiter #47, TI CF127, G

Jim's Blog

I picked up my Mini II MH late yesterday afternoon. Initial impression: I prefer my Mini R, which is tuned E-E with the special Mini Aquila strings, but maybe that's just me. The Mini R seems warmer, but the Mini II may have greater sustain - I plan on doing more comparisons over the weekend, both to each other and to a few other short-scale travel-type guitars that I have. I'm especially interested in the comparison to the Cordoba Requinto (which is not a requinto, as you may know - it's billed as a 1/2-size classical, but is actually larger than that), since both have a 580 mm scale and both came with the same strings.

I pre-ordered it in mid-June through a local shop. They went over it before calling to tell me it had arrived, and said it needed minimal work in the way of setup. The fret ends were a bit sharp, but they took care of that.

Does anyone else have one yet? What are your impressions?
    Last edited by kvehe; 09-07-2018 at 04:03 AM.
    Kathryn

Thanks for the review, Kathryn! Looking forward to reading your future findings...

I was at Elderly the other day and played a Cordoba Mini SM, as they didn't have the Mini II in stock. I came home with a Romero Pepe SR signature model. I find the longer 24.75" (~629mm) scale length to be more comfortable ... and I have a much greater choice in strings without having to frankenstein my own set, as any hard tension classical guitar strings should be fine. I do quite like the stock strings though.
    Margaret, classical guitarist gone uke crazy

Quote Originally Posted by twokatmew View Post
    I was at Elderly the other day and played a Cordoba Mini SM, as they didn't have the Mini II in stock. I came home with a Romero Pepe SR signature model. I find the longer 24.75" (~629mm) scale length to be more comfortable ... and I have a much greater choice in strings without having to frankenstein my own set, as any hard tension classical guitar strings should be fine. I do quite like the stock strings though.

Great choice I really like this instrument, congratulations. Please give us a bit of a review once you have spent some time with it.
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    Great choice I really like this instrument, congratulations. Please give us a bit of a review once you have spent some time with it.
    Thanks Dave, will do!
    Margaret, classical guitarist gone uke crazy

Thread Information