Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Cordoba Mini II

I'm also curious on what pricing will be. Perhaps the new Mini II series will be replacing the Coco line? I can't imagine Cordoba would keep the Coco instruments in production too long.

Quote Originally Posted by bsfloyd View Post
    I'm also curious on what pricing will be. Perhaps the new Mini II series will be replacing the Coco line? I can't imagine Cordoba would keep the Coco instruments in production too long.
    I dont know what the price is but I contacted Andrew from HMS and asked if he could get me the spruce top EB-CE. He responded immediately and said he would investigate. Then responded very shortly after that to let me know Cordoba is debutting these at Summer NAMM. He said he can have one in about 3 weeks time, mine is now on order.
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

This article lists pricing (USD):

https://www.premierguitar.com/articl...es-the-mini-ii

Congrats on the pre-order, Dave!! Looking forward to that review...

Great find on the pricing, RD! Very affordable...

My local shop is ordering the MH model for me, so I should have it very soon after they become available.
    Kathryn

Congrats, Kathryn!! Looking forward to your review!

Quote Originally Posted by river_driver View Post
    With MSRP @ $129 for the MH, I tend to agree with the thought that they might cease production of the Coco model, as IIRC that was the same price for the Coco that I saw sold on Guitar Center's web site...

So if the Coco model's graphics were a deterrent, then this one should help to overcome that.

I was going to get a Coco model as a beater, and as such, strip the hardware and strings off, and tape off the back, sides, neck and fretboard, and literally just hit it with a light coat or two of some flat black spray paint on the top and the headstock (after sanding of course).

Now I wont have to turn it into a big project.

However, with the narrower nut on the Mini II model, I'd replace the nut and modify the saddle for just 4 strings, and string it and tune it in fifths GDAE like a nylon string octave mandolin or nylon string tenor guitar.

I've already converted a $99 steel string 23" scale acoustic to a 4-string tenor guitar, as well as several of my ukes are also tuned in fifths...so the conversion is actually pretty simple for me.

Poor-man's Pono NUI
    This ═╣FAQ link╠═ will help you learn about many things.
    You should click it, as the answers are waiting for you.

The narrower nut pretty much makes this just another run of the mill mini guitar. The wider nut makes the original mini almost tolerable. The price point and (hopefully) quality should make this a definite yamaha mini killer.
    In order of play time: Martin OXK, Lanikai LU21B, Islander MT4, Rubin Sopranino

Quote Originally Posted by bnolsen View Post
    The narrower nut pretty much makes this just another run of the mill mini guitar. The wider nut makes the original mini almost tolerable. The price point and (hopefully) quality should make this a definite yamaha mini killer.
    First, what is this "yamaha mini" you speak of?

As far as the nut, different strokes I guess. I have the 2" Mini and 1-3/4" C1M and I personally prefer the neck of the C1M
    Current Stable:
    -Iriguchi Tenor "Weeble" - Bb, SC SMU
    -Blue Star 19" baritone Konablaster - DGBE
    -KPK pineapple SLN-GCEA
    -Cocobolo 16" SC#1-gCEA, SC SLMU
    -Ono #42 19" baritone, Ab, LW
    -Imua iET-Bb, M600
    -Covered Bridge CLN pineapple - Eb cuatro, SC XLL
    -Rogue bari
    -Bonanza super tenor, FBL cFAD
    -Kala KSLNG-C Lava
    Once upon a time:
    RISA Concert Stick
    Bruko sop. custom #6
    Lanikai lam hog bari
    Kala SLNG
    Bruko bari
    Gold Tone BUT
    Ohana TKS-15E

Jim's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by bnolsen View Post
    The narrower nut pretty much makes this just another run of the mill mini guitar.
    48mm (1 7/8") is still pretty uncommon for a guitar, though. The Taylor Mini has a 42.8mm (1 1/16") nut, which for me is very hard to play. My parlor guitar has a 45mm (1 3/4") nut, which is almost too narrow. So 48mm sounds pretty good to me, likely perfect even.

Thread Information