New Cordoba Mini II

That does look very innarestin' especially the version with a solid spruce top and a pickup. :cool:

That does look very innarestin' especially the version with a solid spruce top and a pickup. :cool:

That's the one I want, the solid spruce top is a big plus!!!. I can't understand why they don't offer the mahogany with a solid top as well. It would be worth an extra cost for the potential of better sound. Leave the flamed mahogany as all laminate for a lower price point. Oh well, these are just being introduced and I am already whining and bitching:rofl:

Last edited:
I have the first version of the Mini. I like it a lot.

I keep mine in Terz tuning.

E-tuning is nice, but I required a 2" or 51mm nut, so not sure about the nut width on this one.

Tie-bridge is an improvement, and back to standard from the pin-bridge.

I'm not in a hurry to 'upgrade' or replace mine, and have other guitars as well.

I'll be following this one for sure.

@bsfloyd - thanks for bringing this one to our attention and sharing the link on UU. :)

I have the Mini and I would consider the narrow neck and tie bridge of the Mini II as improvements- but a big "no thanks" on the longer scale. I guess I'd have to special order to get everything I want. Oh wait.... :p

I'm glad I can contribute to other's GAS problems - I've suffered from it for over 30 years now!!!

Yes, I have always been intrigued by the Cordoba / Disney Pixar Coco Mini as well. The graphics are a sure throw off to me too, but kids and upcoming grandkids will surely give me an excuse to get one :)

I'm also curious on what pricing will be. Perhaps the new Mini II series will be replacing the Coco line? I can't imagine Cordoba would keep the Coco instruments in production too long.

I'm also curious on what pricing will be. Perhaps the new Mini II series will be replacing the Coco line? I can't imagine Cordoba would keep the Coco instruments in production too long.

I dont know what the price is but I contacted Andrew from HMS and asked if he could get me the spruce top EB-CE. He responded immediately and said he would investigate. Then responded very shortly after that to let me know Cordoba is debutting these at Summer NAMM. He said he can have one in about 3 weeks time, mine is now on order.

Congrats on the pre-order, Dave!! Looking forward to that review...

Great find on the pricing, RD! Very affordable...

My local shop is ordering the MH model for me, so I should have it very soon after they become available.

Congrats, Kathryn!! Looking forward to your review!

With MSRP @ $129 for the MH, I tend to agree with the thought that they might cease production of the Coco model, as IIRC that was the same price for the Coco that I saw sold on Guitar Center's web site...

So if the Coco model's graphics were a deterrent, then this one should help to overcome that.

I was going to get a Coco model as a beater, and as such, strip the hardware and strings off, and tape off the back, sides, neck and fretboard, and literally just hit it with a light coat or two of some flat black spray paint on the top and the headstock (after sanding of course).

Now I wont have to turn it into a big project.

However, with the narrower nut on the Mini II model, I'd replace the nut and modify the saddle for just 4 strings, and string it and tune it in fifths GDAE like a nylon string octave mandolin or nylon string tenor guitar.

I've already converted a $99 steel string 23" scale acoustic to a 4-string tenor guitar, as well as several of my ukes are also tuned in fifths...so the conversion is actually pretty simple for me.

Poor-man's Pono NUI :)

The narrower nut pretty much makes this just another run of the mill mini guitar. The wider nut makes the original mini almost tolerable. The price point and (hopefully) quality should make this a definite yamaha mini killer.

The narrower nut pretty much makes this just another run of the mill mini guitar. The wider nut makes the original mini almost tolerable. The price point and (hopefully) quality should make this a definite yamaha mini killer.
First, what is this "yamaha mini" you speak of?

As far as the nut, different strokes I guess. I have the 2" Mini and 1-3/4" C1M and I personally prefer the neck of the C1M

The narrower nut pretty much makes this just another run of the mill mini guitar.

48mm (1 7/8") is still pretty uncommon for a guitar, though. The Taylor Mini has a 42.8mm (1 1/16") nut, which for me is very hard to play. My parlor guitar has a 45mm (1 3/4") nut, which is almost too narrow. So 48mm sounds pretty good to me, likely perfect even.

Top Bottom