Planetary tuners

Thanks, I would never sell this thing anyway so why worry? I'm just gonna play it until it looks like Willie Nelson's guitar.

I have put the upt tuners on two Martins - an old and very beat up one and a new SO. In each case the instrument has become much better for me. There again I do not buy an instrument simply as a wall hanging show piece - it is to be played and good tuners make a huge difference.

After reading multiple posts about UPT, I have decided to give it a try. It will probably buy a reamer from ebay, amazon or Lowe's. Is there a specific size reamer? Or a reamer is only one standard size?
Thank you.

A little off topic, but does anyone know what tuners are in the Duke banjoukes?
They LOOK like Gotohs, but I'm not sure.
They are very very nice.
When the Peghead planetary tuners on my uke crap out, I might replace them with those Gotoh look alikes.

After reading multiple posts about UPT, I have decided to give it a try. It will probably buy a reamer from ebay, amazon or Lowe's. Is there a specific size reamer? Or a reamer is only one standard size?
Thank you.

You'll need a reamer that can widen the hole to the size of the tuner (9.5mm), conical shaped dreamers 3-12mm are quite common and will do the job.

Top Bottom