COMME AU PREMIER JOUR - André Gagnon

Brenda, like it very much!!

Listen by headphone if possible, it will make the sound more beautiful!!

Love the hammer-ons and slides. Keep 'em coming, Brenda, you are an inspiration to us all.

Beautiful playing. Fantastic tone from that instrument and your technique. Bravo!

Beautiful as always Brenda. You make Mercedes shine (the name of her ukulele ) and Luis the builder of LfdM ukuleles and guitars very proud

Last edited:
It is always a pleasant surprise whenever your video pop up here.
I know this song. Many serious pianists tried their hands on this piece. I was not aware the composer is a Canadian . Thank you for sharing that piece of information.
I never dreamt that this 'big' song can be played so beautifully on a four strings instrument. Your playing style and the sound quality of that ukulele are just over the top beautiful ( with a touch of sadness to the song).
I just subscribed your channel so I don't miss any in the future. May I ask how long have you been playing ukulele and were you a guitar player before this?

Last edited:
I uploaded this video last month, it took me this long to decide if it is worthy of posting on the forum because it is an unfamiliar tune.

It is truly a pleasant surprise when I received more comments than I expected . I can speak for everyone who put in the effort to make a video that your comments mean a lot to us. Thank you .

Plentyofukes : I started playing ukulele in September 2015. Its coming up 3 years already. How times flies. I played classical guitar when I was a teenager . I was never a good player though. I used to read music notes , now they are all Greek to me. :D

I used to read music notes , now they are all Greek to me. :D

Just lovely.
2015! You've come such a long ways!
Does this mean you learn all your wonderful fingerstyle via tablature, Brenda?
I think you even play bari too, right? (See my other post asking for advice.)

Just lovely.
2015! You've come such a long ways!
Does this mean you learn all your wonderful fingerstyle via tablature, Brenda?
I think you even play bari too, right? (See my other post asking for advice.)

Thank you
I sightread tab. Yes.
Baritone is no different from any low G arrangement if you use tab. Only the shape of the chords are different
I actually play all sizes. Baritone (Larrivee) / tenor/ concert / soprano all depends on the arrangement
It’s fun !

Last edited:
This is a lovely piano music composed by French Canadian André Gagnon .
Song title in English means "A New Day"
Here is the ukulele version. A big song on a little instrument. Hope you like it.

That is a lovely tune and deserved to be played on the Ukulele. You are now developing your own style of playing also........Please delve more into the piano repertoire. There is so much material and you do a great job of interpreting the music!
Regards,
Mike

Plentyofukes : I started playing ukulele in September 2015. Its coming up 3 years already. How times flies. I played classical guitar when I was a teenager . I was never a good player though. I used to read music notes , now they are all Greek to me. :D

Brenda
I am in awe of your 3 short years of ukulele journey. I can understand why others say you are an inspiration. Hats off to you!

That is a lovely tune and deserved to be played on the Ukulele. You are now developing your own style of playing also........Please delve more into the piano repertoire. There is so much material and you do a great job of interpreting the music!
Regards,
Mike

Thanks Mike. I have a long list of piano songs for ukulele. Too much material not enough time! :). I started jumping from song to song which is not good !

Top Bottom