Video Play Alongs

We are on a short vacation from school, so I was able to attend a local ukulele group’s jam yesterday, which featured Halloween music. Many of the songs were songs that I had made. I was introduced to “Zombies Just Want to be Loved” by Bryant Oden, and found a treasure chest at his website (also a YouTube channel). I asked him for permission to use his music (as I don’t think he has copyright matching on his tunes) and he was kind enough to allow me to do so. I’ll be sitting through his material, and as his songs seem to share basic chords (and he often lists chords which may not match the final manipulation of pitch of his songs), you’ll see other SongDrops songs on my channel over time. For now...here is “Zombies Just Want to be Loved”

Some new videos...to see more holiday play alongs, I keep adding them to the playlist in the other thread.

One of my goals with the play alongs is to also introduce students to traditional folk songs that they may not know. Here's Wabash Cannonball, video footage used with permission by Scott Taipale. Why two keys? D and E7 can be tricky for new players on GCEA ukuleles. The key of G is much more friendly for a beginner. C is too low of a transposition with the recording.

Kevin Way recently produced this play along video of an ABBA hit...

Andy Ramos brought this play along video from the original Wreck It Ralph...

Top Bottom