Video Play Alongs

Tonight I was playing through some tablature...not yet able to play a lot of the tabs at The Ukulele Review website (part of the efforts of the Ukulele Site), and came across some tabs that I had saved from Ukulenny’s website (Ukulenny.com). I went to his website to see what was new, and saw “Wipeout.” I realized that we had not yet made a play along for this one, so I did so. I had to raise the pitch of the recording, incidentally, as it falls between the cracks at A=440 (raised 27 cents, I believe, so 1/8 of a step). As there were no lyrics needed, I chose to use live surfing footage from Pixabay (no attribution required), which thankfully includes a wipeout. Enjoy!

And a couple of versions of Fields of Gold. Originally blocked by the Copyright holder...now allowed. Sometimes if an original is blocked, another cover or arrangement is allowed. Neither originally were accepted. Now available.

Some more videos:

These next videos took a ridiculous amount of time to create, but are a great entry into barre chords. I made one version with the original video, and then used a static image for the other.

A couple new videos from me tonight...

First, Good Vibrations from The Beach Boys

Next, Tom Dooley, from a performance of The Kingston Trio at Kala Headquarters.

Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World Ukulele Play Along by Brudermaister. I don’t repost a lot of Brudermaister’s songs because many cannot be used in school (language/topic)

Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride, in two versions (both in G): one for GCEA ukulele, one for Baritone DGBE ukulele (my first video for Baritone Ukulele):

Our local ukulele jam hosted a school summer program group today, and we played a number of their beginner songs. It was a good chance to look through their list and see what we haven’t put to video. This is the first “missing” song that was in their list that wasn’t in our catalog...La cucaracha, for GCEA and DGBE tunings...

Apples and Bananas, another song in the kid’s ukulele packet that we had not yet done. Performed by Raffi, modified to stay in one key without a modulation in the song. The original is in F, I moved the baritone version to G.

I really like these. They've taken over my practice.

They’re fun to do, especially if you don’t know a song or singing isn’t your main thing.

Tonight’s song comes from our visit to the Memphis Ukulele Flash Mob Tuesday meetingmat Central BBQ...a wonderful time! Pete McCarty chose many songs that had to do with Memphis as we were visiting, and I had not heard this song.

Top Bottom