$5,999.99 Back & Side Set

I think I will need to stick to the $140 Honduran Mahogany set they offer instead.

That is gorgeous though. Somebody should buy that, and make a toilet seat out of it.. lol

Beau, I thought that was Eddie's tree.... ;)

It would look better than a lot of $6k paintings, just hanging on a wall like that.... crazy wood!

Such a deal! Only 3K.... Imagine bending one of those sides and hearing a cracking noise. Definitely could ruin your whole afternoon. Bad, bad language could follow. I'll bet even the most experienced luthier would take a deep breath before bending those sides.

the sizes are for guitar.. so if a luthier did decide to make a ukulele from it... what are the options for the unwanted wood? Seems like very previous per sq inch..

I've been contemplating another custom by Bruce Wei in Vietnam, he turned me on to myrtle on this site, beautiful wood and great prices. http://www.pacificcoastwoods.net/ukelele.html
Yes, that's where I got the myrtle B&S for my Ono baritone. Highly recommended. The pics on the site probably aren't available any more, but Vince will send you photos of available sets.

Yes, that's where I got the myrtle B&S for my Ono baritone. Highly recommended. The pics on the site probably aren't available any more, but Vince will send you photos of available sets.

Yep, Vince is a reliable vendor and a good guy.

Hmm.. possible to get 2 tenors?

I don't think you could get two tenors from the set, but you could probably get one tenor and one soprano... I think the costs would be prohibitive for ukuleles unless you had a very deep pocketed client. A single guitar made with the stuff will sell for between 30K and 40K USD. I think the market for a $25,000 ukulele would be very limited. Not even Jake can probably afford that.

I don't think you could get two tenors from the set, but you could probably get one tenor and one soprano... I think the costs would be prohibitive for ukuleles unless you had a very deep pocketed client.

What if the client bought the wood and gave it to a luthier? This could be a 8-10k uke?

Wow thats is nice, i think i can replicate that with a fraction of the cost by dyeing quilted maple brown:) :).

Theres even quilted maple with similar pattern and same color naturally. It may even look better then this $5999 set.

Sometimes I think that absurd prices are a bit of a con. You LIST one set to sell at $6000 and then a number of sets at $3000. The $3000 sets now look like a bargain when they are really absurdly prices as well.

Top Bottom