Rite of passage?

Junie Moon

Reaction score
I've been researching and thinking for months about buying a better quality uke than my Islander laminate. I'm guessing you all know what I mean by "researching and thinking" (and dreaming.) :eek:

I finally decided on a KoAloha Opio Acacia Concert, that should arrive any day now. Not 4 hours after placing my order with Mim, a Kanile'a K-1 Concert showed up for sale on the U. Marketplace, for a great price! This was one of the ukes I was considering, along w/a Kamaka H-2, before I decided that making a smaller financial investment was the logical thing to do at this point in my uke life.

I'm not sorry about getting the Opio. Or at least I'm trying to convince myself that I'm not sorry. In any case, I had a few crazy moments last night. "I coulda hadda Kanile'a for $675! OMG!"

I'm guessing that I'm not the first person this has happened to. :D

Hopefully the Opio will make me forget all about the Kanile'a that got away.

Last edited:
I have a Kanile'a and it's lovely... but I also have a Rebel ukulele that was built by the exact same crew that built your Opio, and it's fantastic. They are highly skilled builders; you should be very happy.

Enjoy the Opio. Don't worry about the Kanile'a. You will have another opportunity to get one. Be patient.

I enjoy my Opio acacia concert at least as much as my KoAloha koa tenor, which cost at least twice as much. And you're getting the KoAloha company guarantee, too. So maybe you lucked out by buying the Opio before the Kanilea showed up and distracted you...

It's best to let go of the ukes you shoulda or coulda had :) There's always a better uke out there and it can do your head in. I try to enjoy the uke(s) I've got :)

Ha, ha, no problem - you've made a good choice, the Opio Acacia is a great uke, (I've got a long neck concert), you won't be in the least bit sorry - enjoy your new found friend. :)

I've been researching and thinking for months about buying a better quality uke than my Islander laminate. I'm guessing you all know what I mean by "researching and thinking" (and dreaming.) :eek:

I finally decided on a KoAloha Opio Acacia Concert, that should arrive any day now. Not 4 hours after placing my order with Mim, a Kanile'a K-1 Concert showed up for sale on the U. Marketplace, for a great price! This was one of the ukes I was considering, along w/a Kamaka H-2, before I decided that making a smaller financial investment was the logical thing to do at this point in my uke life.

I'm not sorry about getting the Opio. Or at least I'm trying to convince myself that I'm not sorry. In any case, I had a few crazy moments last night. "I coulda hadda Kanile'a for $675! OMG!"

I'm guessing that I'm not the first person this has happened to. :D

Hopefully the Opio will make me forget all about the Kanile'a that got away.

There is always another uke for sale. The important thing is to keep buying! ;)

Cancel the purchase with Mim and get the Kanile'a, you won't be sorry...

Cancel the purchase with Mim and get the Kanile'a, you won't be sorry...

Naw, keep the Opio and get the Kanilea too. No reason not to have the best of both worlds.

And, yes, this is called enabling and abetting UAS.

;)

Enjoy the Opio. Don't worry about the Kanile'a. You will have another opportunity to get one. Be patient.

Take heart......"We swim in a sea of ukuleles". There will be always be other Kanileas and Kamakas that become available. Enjoy your Koaloha Opio, they are fantastic instruments.

Top Bottom