Kamaka Jake Blue Edition HF-3 D4i

Joyful Uke

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested & has the $, Elderly is taking pre-orders for the Kamaka Jake Blue Edition HF-3 D4I Tenor Ukulele.

Looks like it will be a beautiful work of art, though a high end beauty at $4,995.

I would feel weird paying that kinda money for a ukulele with Jake's name on it - especially when I can get a Moore Bettah with my name on it at that price!

Last edited:
I pre ordered 10 of them

If you'll be giving your extras away, I'll take one. :)

There was a previous Jake edition Kamaka, IIRC. How expensive was that one? That must have sold well, or they wouldn't be doing this one?

It looks utterly amazing and beautifully understated. But put the signature in more inconspicuous place.

With Expert setup...I wonder how much setup they need? I mean, for $5Grand, I would think it better be setup pretty perfectly.

I would feel weird paying that kinda money for a ukulele with Jake's name on it - especially when I can get a Moore Bettah with my name on it at that price!

:agree:

If I want a signature on a fancy uke I can get a Makala Dolphin or Shark from Uke Republic or Mim, with full setup for like $60, and sign it myself and then cover it with sparkles and glitter...LOL

Nice that Kamaka is honoring Jake, but I'd need to have enough money in the bank and invested with high-yield accounts so as to retire rich and not want for anything before I could spend that kind of money on an instrument.

:agree:

If I want a signature on a fancy uke I can get a Makala Dolphin or Shark from Uke Republic or Mim, with full setup for like $60, and sign it myself and then cover it with sparkles and glitter...LOL

Nice that Kamaka is honoring Jake, but I'd need to have enough money in the bank and invested with high-yield accounts so as to retire rich and not want for anything before I could spend that kind of money on an instrument.

Ok, but only blue glitter

It looks utterly amazing and beautifully understated. But put the signature in more inconspicuous place.

Agree. It would be tempting if not for the gaudy signature. For $5k the only signature I want on it is mine.

This is the most exciting ukulele to come out since I started playing back about 10 years ago. I really had two ukulele heroes as I learned the instrument--first was Aldrine because he (along with Aaron and Ryan) were pioneers in creating free high-quality ukulele instructional content which is how I got started. So I was very excited when Kanilea released the Aldrine Signature...although I didn't know when or if I'd ever have a chance to be able to afford one. But I saved up and when the chance arose, picked up a beautiful used model.

Jake was definitely the second hero. Growing up in Hawaii, everone knew Jake. Kamaka's first tribute to him was both very limited but also not particularly similar to his actual instrument. (Part of the appeal of Kanilea's Aldrine model was that he actually played the exact same instrument.) Therefore, when what would become known as the Jake Blue was announced at NAMM 2017, I knew that I had to have one. It's a lot of money for sure. But there's no instrument that I have ever wanted more (and I've lusted after virtually every production model from the sweet honey tones of a K1 Kanilea tenor to the good looks of a KoAloha Sceptre to the perfect size of a Kamaka Concert). And because the Jake element is important, I love the signature just as it is and the size that it is. I'll probably have to sell something to make space for this one, but it'll really be a childhood dream come true...even though I can't play anything even close to Jake level.

So I'm on the list at theukulelesite (have been bugging Andrew about this for over a year) and hope that the instruments start shipping soon.

So I'm on the list at theukulelesite (have been bugging Andrew about this for over a year) and hope that the instruments start shipping soon.

I'm genuinely excited for you. I think it's a beautiful ukulele, with or without the signature, but since I no longer play tenor, I don't have debate whether or not to save up for it.

I hope that it plays and sounds amazing, inspires you, and brings you great enjoyment. And I hope that you'll share with us when you get your ukulele. I'd love to hear what you think of it when you get it.

Top Bottom