NUD - Risa Stick Concert

UkeDoxie

Reaction score
So excited to get my new uke! I was looking for something small that I could travel with or use in the office. This is perfect as it is so very quiet; I won’t disturb anyone if I practice in my office during lunch.

Now I need to buy a small amplifier, just in case I want to make some noise. Any suggestions?

Thanks UkeRepublic for your quick turnaround.

Attachments

• F719DB0C-D84B-45E0-AC6D-90B98BC9D3F5.jpg
    F719DB0C-D84B-45E0-AC6D-90B98BC9D3F5.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 45
They work well with headphone amps in your situation, or you could get a Honeytone for about £35 & have more sound, but if you want a nice little 'proper' amp, take a look at a Roland Micro Cube, about £100, & comes with several useful built in effects.

I came home from work and my husband has ordered me the Blackstar Fly mini amp, YAY!

Congratulations. I had the same model several years ago. It's not jut a convenience, it's a really great musical instrument.

I came home from work and my husband has ordered me the Blackstar Fly mini amp, YAY!
Ive been tempted by the Black Star but have to remind myself I bought this ukulele to play even everyone is in bedfornthe night or afternoon naps.

70E14418-860C-4D28-A7D0-A7DF386E8BF0.jpg

Yes the headphones could be better but it’s working great!

Headphones are a good idea too. I’ll have to do some research. Thanks for sharing your set up!

Ive been tempted by the Black Star but have to remind myself I bought this ukulele to play even everyone is in bedfornthe night or afternoon naps.

View attachment 109851

Headphones are a good idea too. I’ll have to do some research. Thanks for sharing your set up!

The blackfly amp has a headphone output I believe. This was just a smaller package. I didnt get an amp because I had to remember, I bought this to be quiet. If I want to be loud, I have a FireFly Banjo Uke.

View attachment 109851

hi, how has been it going? Where did u order yours? Wanna share that I just got mine for the exact same purpose too. I am really really glad I bought it even though it does cost quite a bit and it only get to be used moslty during kids vacation while they sleep with us. I needed the quietness during those weeks. Or else i'd be forced to take a break from my uku. Then when i pick it up again my fingers go rusty. And felt strenger to the uku again~ I use mind with the Vox AmPhone. Sounds not bad and super convinient to pack all with some clothese in a handcarry luggage for a few days of occasion work trips~ I find the surface where we strum seems to get scretches quite easily and the D neck profit a bit chunky. Hoping to get it thinner at some point in the future. It's doing a good job for now. Pls share how your is going? Hope there are more chats about this amazing portable quaility uku~

Top Bottom