Hello from the UK

syborg

Reaction score
Hi All.

I have no idea why I've not thought to join in with the forum before now.
I got my first soprano Uke a couple of years ago as a cheap Christmas present. My kids are all learning instuments but it was something that just didn't appeal to me when I was younger but I decided that I wanted 'in' on this musical world.

I now have a cheap Stagg soprano, a concert Moselele Bambookulele (my default to play), a tenor from Brunswick, and a banjolele from Grey Bro's (which I've refurbished).

I've also been working on a 3D printed electric Uke with a friend whose hobby is designing and making 3D printers. Originally we looked at the 'Nuke' design but I can't get on with playing it, so we're starting from scratch. I hope to have a playable version soon.

More recently I've started on a 'build your own' kit that my Dad handed to me that I assume he picked up cheap on ebay. Plywood, plastic fretboard, misaligned neck, unlabelled strings etc. I've been working with the base carcass and upgrading all the bits as well as adding a pre-amp/tuner. Will be completing the build of that in the next couple of weeks when I get time (and looking closely at the setup threads).

Oh, yes - I've also got a wife who is not happy at the amount of ukuleles that are building up in the house. I point out that I could have decided to take up the piano.....

Welcome to UU. Please show us the 3D printed ukulele once it is finished.
Yes, no problem. Happy to share the pictures and the final design. We might go through quite a few iterations as I've no idea how the resonance will be.

Below is an older picture of the previous attempt that was based on the Nuke design.

y4mEcd-GS5qbn5FVIMAbDNAAtrPbOrQ1TMZdpw4iM35wKfcsmIuvJz0P9BF4Wf_zoXEVGkNqGIcehL4wiVq0-kQq3tZm115p6cBJXxxJ1eChLaE2R_RYIPF2GRseQDAtCUEqDyLt_sDEyu9WVSXZz2QWfdpDUlNBHKJk3rKeq2fdyuhxVlY-wDMHBpJHDSdQIN6-7GhRzA2Udjl7FqhoLSfqw

Welcome!

That 3d printed idea looks interesting. I guess it would be easy enough to make a mirror image one for us left-handed players? I'd be interested in an electric version if so.

Hello from the Midlands.Where are you based?

Top Bottom