FS: Kiwaya KTS-4 Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

jksk8in

Reaction score
Up for sale is my Kiwaya KTS-4 mahogany soprano. (Serial #1217) It is one of my favorite sopranos of all time, but sadly doesn't get enough playing time now that I've transitioned to other instruments.

Purchased and set up by Hawaii music supply with the ever so precise Gotoh UPT planetary tuners. I am the sole owner and a non smoker.
The uke plays like butter, and has opened up nicely. It does have 2 small dings on the bout edges which I photographed. Newly strung with fremont blackline hard tension strings. Always humidified and in otherwise excellent condition.

Link to sound sample and high resolution photos. Thanks for viewing!

Photos: https://imgur.com/gallery/vphn4eV
Sound sample: https://youtu.be/ZXGt3ZmqInw
SOLD!

Thanks UU! :)

Last edited:
Love my Kiwaya KTS 4 someone will be very happy with this. Enjoyed your playing immensely!

Love my Kiwaya KTS 4 someone will be very happy with this. Enjoyed your playing immensely!

Thanks! Will be sad to see it go. I've played quite a few imported ukes, and never found a more immaculately constructed instrument. Someone will be very happy indeed!

PM’d you about the Kiwaya!

These are great instruments!

nice uke! What kind of strap are you using in the video? I don't see any end pin on the uke.

nice uke! What kind of strap are you using in the video? I don't see any end pin on the uke.

Thanks! I use a Uke leash strap with the end connected to my belt loop. Works great! An end pin on a delicate instrument as this just doesn’t seem right.

Thanks! I use a Uke leash strap with the end connected to my belt loop. Works great! An end pin on a delicate instrument as this just doesn’t seem right.

You're right - putting an end pin in a beauty like that is contraindicated :D Clever idea, that leash strap bit - though it's more useful when seated I'd imagine

You're right - putting an end pin in a beauty like that is contraindicated :D Clever idea, that leash strap bit - though it's more useful when seated I'd imagine

Yes, the uke leash strap is doable while standing with one end attached around the upper arm. An end pin allows for more support however.

I dunno, as long as it has a deep enough end block it isn't a problem and it doesn't have to be big on a uke. But to each his own.

I dunno, as long as it has a deep enough end block it isn't a problem and it doesn't have to be big on a uke. But to each his own.

The smallest button I've found is the Gibson style, I like them in black; 2 on tenors, but only 1 on sopranos, with leather shoelace under the strings on the sop headstock, connecting to the strap.

Gibson strap button.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom