Second try...

S11LKO

Reaction score
I know this guitar section seems to not have as much posted in it or enjoy as much traffic as our ukulele section, but I personally feel it’s nice when I come on and find something new here.

I originally posted this song a while ago whilst having a sleepless night and while I was in my dressing gown and half asleep. Here’s my latest version. I’ve sort’ve practiced it a bit more since then - and I have clothes on this time!! lol

I showed this new video to my non-singing, non-playing, but music appreciating (so he claims lol) brother in law recently. His response? “BORING!! Why don’t you give up trying to play and go to the pub instead?” lol

Anyway, here it is...

Luv n stuff to all,
Dave

Your brother-in-law is so wrong. Wonderful job, Dave. I loved it, especially the sound of the 12-string. I am not familiar with this song, but it reminds me of Peter Frampton's "Baby I Love Your Way".

All the best,
Luke

Thanks as always for your kind comments Luke. It's actually a Dean Friedman song from the 70's from his album "Well, well said the Rocking Chair". I saw him live about four weeks ago, heard the song, and tasked myself to learn it. He's a performer people either love or hate, but I really like what he does and how he does it. lol
Luv n stuff,
Dave

Sounds even better this time Dave!

Very nice delivery and perfomance.

Ignore your brother-in-law. The most vocal critics are often folks that lack skill, talent, and/or creativity of their own.

You are the extreme opposite of that and your music continues to be a gift to us all.

If someone told me 'boring', I'd promptly tell them to SHUT UP AND PLAY SOMETHING and hand them the guitar, and if they did not play something, they'd be on their way out the door within seconds...

Ignore your brother-in-law. The most vocal critics are often folks that lack skill, talent, and/or creativity of their own.

You are the extreme opposite of that and your music continues to be a gift to us all.

If someone told me 'boring', I'd promptly tell them to SHUT UP AND PLAY SOMETHING and hand them the guitar, and if they did not play something, they'd be on their way out the door within seconds...

:agree:

You can pick your friends and your spouse but not your (other) relatives. I’m blessed with some wonderful folk in my family, but also obliged to tolerate and humour the remainder; it’s a mystery how folk so closely related to each other can be so different. Perhaps your Brother-in-Law was just trying to be funny or has some redeeming features? Might he pay for the beer?

Last edited:
Graham my friend, the short answer to your questions are as follows:

‘Trying to be funny?’ = No, he meant it - according to him I’m ‘talentless’ (by the way he can’t play ANY instrument at ANY level AND I’ve heard him ‘sing’ in the shower! lol) and, again - according to him - if it ain’t heavy rock and distorted through amps at 1000 watts, it ain’t music!
‘Redeeming features?’ = I’ve yet to find any and I’ve known him for 45 years! lol
‘Buy the beer?’ = Unlikely. He’s as tight as a gnats bottom! lol

Seriously though, he’s not a bad lad - he’s just quite arrogant and opinionated at times; traits which sadly sometimes rub people (including me and I’m usually quite laid back!) up the wrong way.

Luv n stuff,
Dave

Sounds even better this time Dave!

Thanks Booli my friend. Your comments very much appreciated.
Luv n stuff,
Dave

Cheers Campbell.
I've been off the site a bit recently dealing with some personal problems but am going to try a few more bits and pieces to post over the next few weeks.
Luv n stuff,
Dave

Top Bottom