Season 331. It's Folk Jim but not as we know it!

There's been some great Dylan stuff late in your week Geoff, and here's a Dylan tune I've been wanting to try, did a very quick work up on it. Hope it helps you reach 100!

I hope this song works. I've always thought it was done in the style of a folk song or a sea shanty, and Wikipedia agrees with me. The trouble is that it's originally by a Scandinavian metal band.

I've been meaning to work out an arrangement for a while, though, and this gave me a good excuse. I even bought a drum for Tiffany. Given all of that, it would have been very disappointing not to get a recording up, so after we came back from my Aunt and Uncle's place after a few glasses of wine we recorded this. It's not great, but at least it's something. We might try to polish it up for a future season, too.

The reason I once bought my Ohana sopranino some years ago, was a wonderful YT video from a young guy, playing Dream A Little Dream with it. That time I didn't thought, that I will be able to play it too:

It's 11.00am here so midnight in Hawaii so Season 331 is now over.

There are 101 videos in the playlist, discounting the intro video, that's just 100 entries.

Thanks to everyone who participated and made it such an excellent season. I really enjoyed listening to all your entries and the great variety of entries.

Now over to S332 and Randy's Alphabet Challenge.

Great job Geoff! I must admit that I thought I’d struggle to find one song, but it’s a wider genre than I ever imagined. Thanks for the education!

Top Bottom