KoAloha Scepter on eBay

No No No......don't look.......back away from the computer :drool:

I just checked the KoAloha web site. A New Concert Sceptre has an MSRP of $1300.00, and comes with friction tuners.

Granted the used one has a case, but... if I were in the market for a Sceptre, I'd pay an additional $100 for a new one, and get my own case.

Of course, I have no plans on replacing my Tenor Sceptre....

-Kurt​

I can't find one on the Koaloha site, but the one on eBay has a bid...

I just checked the KoAloha web site. A New Concert Sceptre has an MSRP of $1300.00, and comes with friction tuners.

Granted the used one has a case, but... if I were in the market for a Sceptre, I'd pay an additional $100 for a new one, and get my own case.

Of course, I have no plans on replacing my Tenor Sceptre....

-Kurt​

I saw that, but I also noticed that there is no picture. Does that mean it's not available? In any case, one is enough for me. Someone should design a pointy case for the Scepter. Of course, the market for those cases would be tiny, so either the price of the case would be very high, or the company would lose money on each one.

I see the tenor is listed for $1,550 with an "Image Coming Soon."

Last edited:
I shouldn't have gone to the KoAloha website......now I want a Pineapple Sundae.

I talked to Alan Okami at the Koaloha booth at Namm and asked him about releasing/building more Sceptres/Sunday’s. He said his dad is definitely not making any more and that they’re just putting the finishing touches on a few that were still hanging around the shop.

So if you’d like a new one...this is the time. :)

I talked to Alan Okami at the Koaloha booth at Namm and asked him about releasing/building more Sceptres/Sunday’s. He said his dad is definitely not making any more and that they’re just putting the finishing touches on a few that were still hanging around the shop.

My concert is as good as new, as far as I'm concerned, and $1,200 can buy a lot of ice cream. ;)

If you get two you can use one for parts in the future if you need to. In the meantime you do some duets and treat your visitors to enjoying a nice uke while they take in the mountain air.
It is a pity that the seller will only ship to the 48 states. The rest of the planet has no chance at buying the uke, so it is of passing interest. I think the market would increase just by doing the work to ship to Europe and Hawaii. It looks like there is a single bid for $1200, so someone is going to get it. There will probably be a flurry of bids in the last minute, so those who can buy it and who want it probably need to be set up to post a bid in the last 40 seconds if they want to make the winning bid.

I agree that shipping to other countries can work, provided people are willing to pay the high shipping cost. It cost me $45 to send a uke from NY to CA. Imagine the cost to ship to Italy or Slovakia. When I sell on eBay, people sometimes ask about the cost of shipping to their country. Very often, it is near $100. The Scepter I bought on Reverb cost $55 to ship from Japan, which isn't bad at all, and it arrived in four days. A uke I bought in FL took seven days to get here.

I'll be amazed if the bids go much higher than $1,200.

I'm surprised that they still list them on their web site, although pictures are "Coming Soon."

The one on eBay is starting to climb. It was over $1,300 the last time I looked. I bet it will go over $1,500. We'll have to check back tomorrow night.

Still a day to go. The last 50 seconds is going to be interesting.

The last ten seconds will be interesting. I hope I remember to watch. Whoever bids on this will not be a casual bidder. There will definitely be sniping right at the end. On the other hand, someone could have entered a bid of $2,000, and eBay will raise his bid as necessary.

Since no more are being made, I wonder if this will be worth more in the future. Planning to sell it for more in the future is definitely risky.

Wow, when'd they stop producing these? I am quite a bit out of the loop. So happy to have a Sceptre--great instruments.

Top Bottom