Is this common?

Rosendust

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Is it common to name your ukulele?
If you do, do you have any ideas for my upcoming Dolphin?
I was thinking Cadence, but I want opinions.
Thanks,
Rosendust

Good choice Campbell!

What color is your Dolphin?

Whatever you choose, save your favorite name for another ukulele. Nothing against the Dolphin, but if you get into this hobby, you might find you grow out of the Dolphin before you know it.

I started out with a $65 Kala and it was less than 4 months before I sought something significantly nicer.

I haven't named any of my ukuleles, but I like "Cadence." A pretty name with a musical reference. Nice.

To answer your question, Nickie-it's purple.

Ah...purple is the color of royalty.
As well as my favorite color.
Cadence is pretty, but maybe you could give it a regal name....
At any rate, send us pics and let us know which name you give it!

Charisma.

And yes, I name each of my instruments.

Some people do, as you can see from the above, but I don't - it's just a uke, & I've got a few of them too - but go ahead if it makes it more personal - ukes are fun. :)

Nothing at all wrong with naming your musical instruments, but choose a name that YOU feel best fit. It should be personal to you, and no one else but you :) Have fun!!

I think it is more common just use the brand names they already have. Or to use something like "that laminate uke" or "that orange uke".

Imagine what curse a name like Trigger must have been to Willie's mind. Someone invented it and now it sticks :(

I have never named an instrument, but my wife once named a mandolin...... it wasn't very nice name.....:rolleyes:

My wife named my ukulele SmurfBanjo.
And it is not even a banjolele.

My wife named my ukulele SmurfBanjo.
And it is not even a banjolele.

That's funny because if I pluck my soprano at just the right spot over the sound board it has a banjo timbre to it.

Top Bottom