WTT Deering Goodtime 5 String Open Back Banjo

corneli.us

Reaction score
This might be a bit of a long shot, but..

I have a Deering Goodtime 5 string banjo that I am not using anymore since I upgraded to a Pisgah a few months ago. This is a great banjo for beginners, 11" pot, all maple. It is in great condition, recent setup, very low action. It comes with a backpack style soft case.

I'm interested in a classic style solid mahogany soprano - Kiwaya KTS-4, Timms, modern or vintage Martin S1, vintage Martin S0, Pono, etc. Try me! Just an FYI I live in Canada

IMG_20180619_183430.jpgIMG_20180619_183442.jpgIMG_20180619_183524.jpg$_59.jpg

Last edited:
I do have a pono tenor. AT5-pc. Mint condition. Hard shell case, with a pickup. I rarely play it.

I had a Bart Rieter banjo and it was a great banjo (a work of art) but there really is something special about these Goodtimes in my opinion. They may not be the fanciest or most expensive but that’s what makes them great!! They sound great and are pretty light too!! Also they are fairly cheap considering so you do not tend to worry about them as much. I play mine so much I sold the Reiter! If anyone is interested in taking up the banjo this would be an excellent first choice in my opinion!! I didn’t think I would be much of a banjo guy but I’m loving it and I feel in many ways learning different techniques has improved my ukulele playing.

I have two Deering Goodtime banjos and I agree they are a terrific way to enter into the banjo world!

Top Bottom