FS: Kamaka Soprano Long Neck (HF-1L)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whose signature is on the Ukulele?

Last edited:
it is Jake shimabukuro's signature. I don't have experience wiping off the magic mark on wooden instrument, and I actually don't know how to do it. but I think it is a nice feature of this uke, Jake's signature is to be treasured.

Last edited:
Was it signed with a sharpie? I'd probably check with Kamaka and see what finish they use and get their opinion.

Last edited:
If that ukulele were mine, I'd treasure Jake's signature and never remove it.

That is true, if I will keep playing this one, I will never remove his signature. Jake is truly my inspiration. I was lucky enough to met Jake twice during last two years. so the second time, I brought another Uke for him to sign, and that uke was just for autography purpose, and I hang it in my music room. To be honest, if I don't have the second uke signed, I would not let go this one for the sake of his signature. I love kamaka, but I really don't want to keep an instrument that I don't play nearly enough... I have kamaka tenor, so I decide to find a new home for this baby...

Last edited:
yes, it signed with a sharpie... I personally would not remove it. since I decide to sell it,, I am not sure about the future owner's opinion towards it.... I want to keep it here for some days and see if anyone would be interested.. if not,, I will definitely take your advice and check with kamaka....thank you :)

This video recommends toothpaste & tooth brush & elbow grease :D please don't tell Jake if you remove it! :cool:

thank you for the link, and I will take a look.... but still I hope I don't need to remove it... Jake is absolutely awesome, but I will not tell him, lol. again, thank you so much for helping with the issue here...

You're too nice! Jake's signature is not an "issue." It is a feature of the instrument. Some will see it as a nice feature. Others may view it negatively. To each his/her own. Please don't spend a split second thinking about removing it.

lele_2018 is a great seller, by the way. I had a nice conversation with "lele" just the other day and ended up buying a Mya-Moe. It will be here Friday. Can't wait!

LL

Hi Locolele, thank you so much for your kind words. that makes my day! It was my pleasure and honor sent MM to your home, I hope you will enjoy it fully:)

Doh! Bought a Kanilea long neck Soprano about a week ago, or I would want to snag this immediately!

thank you for liking this one:) Kanile'a also makes great ukes. I own a kanile'a concert with pickup, I love it.
Doh! Bought a Kanilea long neck Soprano about a week ago, or I would want to snag this immediately!

You're too nice! Jake's signature is not an "issue." It is a feature of the instrument. Some will see it as a nice feature. Others may view it negatively. To each his/her own. Please don't spend a split second thinking about removing it.

lele_2018 is a great seller, by the way. I had a nice conversation with "lele" just the other day and ended up buying a Mya-Moe. It will be here Friday. Can't wait!

LL

100% agreement.

Price drop to $900 including shipping CONUS only. Paypal. (original $950.00 + $30.00 shipping)

I would not remove that signature -- what a wonderful honor to have him sign it. And for the next owner too.
yes, I totally agree with you. He is truly my inspiration! I cannot wait for his new album releasing this August:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom