As-Is Ukes from Elderly

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I have had very good luck buying instruments from Elderly over the years. I once bought and "as-is" Kanilea uke from them that had a side crack and some fretting issues. I simply had them do the repair work before shipping it to me-- cost a few bucks, but I had a great uke at a great price, with repairs from one of the most reputable shops out there.

You can also look for deals under "shopworn" there, usually newer stuff that was on display and got dinged.

I ordered a banjo from Elderly and made a one digit mistake on the order, so they sent me the wrong one. I called them and cried on their shoulder, and they took it back and sent me the correct one. All I had to pay was to have it repacked by UPS. The rest was free.

I’ve since ordered stuff from them and will whenever I can. I’m workin’ on an order right now. :eek:ld:

My wife laughed and gave me grief when I received my first package from Elderly Instruments. I’m still trying to understand why she thought the words “elderly instrument” were funny.

My wife laughed and gave me grief when I received my first package from Elderly Instruments. I’m still trying to understand why she thought the words “elderly instrument” were funny.

Yes, it is an odd name. It doesn't seem to be the family name, though. I could understand Elderly Rocking Chairs or Hammock Company, but not stringed instruments.

Yes, it is an odd name. It doesn't seem to be the family name, though. I could understand Elderly Rocking Chairs or Hammock Company, but not stringed instruments.

I think it's from their involvement in the vintage instrument market. Someone else may know otherwise, though.

Okay, I’ll fess up. She thought the little brown package from Elderly Instruments enclosed, uh, some male enhancement product.

I swore to her they were just uke strings...

I love Elderly Instruments. Bought many instruments & accessories from them over the years, still haven't managed a visit to the brick & mortar shop even though it's only about a 5 hour drive.

As to the name:
https://www.elderly.com/about/our-story

I have an Elderly tshirt, I get some of the most curious looks when I wear it...

Thanks. That's good to know.

Top Bottom