Koaloha Soprano - saddle direction

etudes

Reaction score
Changing the strings on my Koaloha KSM-02 and the saddle fell out. When I went to reinstall I questioned the direction of the angle. I checked photos of Koaloha ukes online and found examples of the saddle angle going both directions. I installed it as shown in the photo- is this correct? The intonation sounds good but doubting myself after seeing examples of both directions in photos.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/01vdhame4hmnlvi/IMG_9194.JPG?dl=0

The way you have it is the same as on my KoAloha soprano.

John Colter

Changing the strings on my Koaloha KSM-02 and the saddle fell out. When I went to reinstall I questioned the direction of the angle. I checked photos of Koaloha ukes online and found examples of the saddle angle going both directions. I installed it as shown in the photo- is this correct? The intonation sounds good but doubting myself after seeing examples of both directions in photos.

Looking at the picture, there should be a noticable difference in intonation with that saddle in one way vs the other.

The first time I change strings I usually use a magic marker to put a dot under the saddle on the A string side.

The first time I change strings I usually use a magic marker to put a dot under the saddle on the A string side.

Good idea! I'm sure now that the strings have settled that I have it in the correct position, the intonation seems perfect (one of the things I really like about the Koaloha).

The way you have it is generally correct. On my long neck concert, I had to reverse it to lengthen the strings in order to correct slight intonation issues. This was recommended by Koaloha.

Top Bottom